Likes Likes:  9
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Shared Google Sheet for vintage Rado details (include image links and crystals)

Hybrid View

Lightbulb Shared Google Sheet for vintage Rado details (include image links and crystals)

Hi,

Based on feedback, I've updated and shared a Google Sheet spreadsheet to record vintage Rado watch details, include image links and description of faceted crystals.

I've now expanded the original spreadsheet to capture image links (back to IWL pics), as well as info about movements. I've also OCRed some of the tables from the reference thread and I've started loading those details into this spreadsheet too.

Google Sheets Vintage Rado Watch Register:
    https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1Rn22oE7tzgfp4En5bmE_CYyNLzY8n8jFtLAY-G3_pag/edit?usp=sharing

Usage:
    You can filter the spreadsheet by clicking the small filter button in the right of each column heading and then select a filter value.

Screenshot:

Name:  Screenshot from 2022-08-28 10-28-27.jpg
Views: 89
Size:  43.5 KB

Sharing:
    If you have a Google account then I'm VERY HAPPY to add you as an editor so you can update the spreadsheet. Otherwise, feel free to add comments and I'll handle updates the spreadsheet.

Please share any thoughts or comments. Let me know if you have any questions or problems.

Slade.
    Attached Images Attached Images  
    Last edited by sladew; Aug 27, 2022 at 10:43 PM. Reason: Updated Shared Google Sheets details

I've been using digital calipers to make measurements of the features of the crystal facets.

I draw the diagrams in a very accurate SVG package, so the diagrams should be relatively accurate/comparable to the actual crystal.

I will add entries for other models if anybody would like to take measurements with a millimeter ruler and either photograph or hand sketch the facets indicating the dimensions of the facets.

Slade.

3. Likes Henry Krinkle liked this post
    If/when I can find some time, I will participate. I am not sure how my drawing programs will mesh with The Google, but if worse comes to worst I can send you PDFs or whatever that you could plug in.

Postimages might work. It's not a great imaging site, but it is still better than Photobucket AND free.
    Solve all your doubts through question mode.

Quote Originally Posted by Henry Krinkle View Post
    If/when I can find some time, I will participate. I am not sure how my drawing programs will mesh with The Google, but if worse comes to worst I can send you PDFs or whatever that you could plug in.

Postimages might work. It's not a great imaging site, but it is still better than Photobucket AND free.
    I don't mind re-drawing to get the dimensions right. If you can capture the general gist of the facets and the dimensions in millimeters then I can draw it up.

Quote Originally Posted by sladew View Post
    I don't mind re-drawing to get the dimensions right. If you can capture the general gist of the facets and the dimensions in millimeters then I can draw it up.

No need to worry about getting the dimensions right. I have been in the print industry for nearly 45 years. I am concerned that my drawing programs are too esoteric.

No need to worry about getting the dimensions right. I have been in the print industry for nearly 45 years. I am concerned that my drawing programs are too esoteric.
    I'm working in SVG on Linux but I can probably convert most things (or fall back on PDF if required).

Hah! Very cool!

I just realized that if I can find clear enough photos on the web and an associated case measurement that I can work backwards to identify a conversion factor and reverse engineer all the measurements and the diagram from high-definition photos.

It's a great pity that I won't have to physically lay hands on each watch to have and to hold (and fondle), but my bank balance has groaned with relief...

This one will take some measuring...

PC190536 by Hank Blanc, on Flickr

10. Likes sladew liked this post
    This one will take some measuring...

PC190536 by Hank Blanc, on Flickr
    By heavens,it's a beauty!!

You take beautiful photos and they show such remarkable detail!

Can we try a test?

1. Try taking a photo of an Alpine Series watch face that I haven't yet recorded in the spreadsheet.
    Make sure that the watch face is as centered, flat and level as possible, and that it shows the crystal facets.

2. Upload it to my Google Drive folder: Uploads - Google Drive
    (message with your username when you request access to the folder and I'll provide it)

3. Give me one accurate reference measurement of either the width of the case or diameter of the crystal.

4. I'll draw the diagram for the facets and scale it appropriately.

Then we can check how close it is the reality
    Last edited by sladew; Aug 25, 2022 at 07:18 PM.