Likes Likes:  1

Thread: Code Reference Rado

Code Reference Rado

code 2 in the last digit number should explain that using gold plating. but on this watch using st. is this weird??

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

That is a bit strange... The simple existence of the wording "stainless steel back" implies that the case isn't steel. I'm unaware of Rado using white gold-plating, so assume that the back is incorrect for the watch OR someone installed (at the factory or while being serviced) the back from a gold-plated model on a steel case.

Can you confirm the case itself is steel? If it were chrome-plated, then perhaps the .2 and case back wording is appropriate, but I cannot recall seeing Rados with white metal that wasn't either solid gold (mainly ladies' watches) or steel.

Is there evidence of removed gold-plating? If so, I'd say question answered...but a gold-tone crown would be expected.
    Last edited by watch carefully; Sep 15, 2022 at 04:18 PM.

4. Likes pratama liked this post
    Quote Originally Posted by watch carefully View Post
    That is a bit strange... The simple existence of the wording "stainless steel back" implies that the case isn't steel. I'm unaware of Rado using white gold-plating, so assume that the back is incorrect for the watch OR someone installed (at the factory or while being serviced) the back from a gold-plated model on a steel case.

Can you confirm the case itself is steel? If it were chrome-plated, then perhaps the .2 and case back wording is appropriate, but I cannot recall seeing Rados with white metal that wasn't either solid gold (mainly ladies' watches) or steel.

Is there evidence of removed gold-plating? If so, I'd say question answered...but a gold-tone crown would be expected.
    thank you for answering my question. 🫡

More than a few moodels like that had sterling silver cases, which might also have a .2 reference but then the caseback would have a hallmark indicating it is a solid silver case.
    Solve all your doubts through question mode.