Likes Likes:  26
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: new to me and another Omega

new to me and another Omega

scratched a long standing itch this week with picking this up -98' x33 - mint condition with new and correct coramide strap for this model - recent paperwork tells me its been fitted with upgrade 1666c movement -when you send for Omega service on these they don't [ they just replace it with the latest upgrade for the model ] lovely understated if anything -great accuracy and so legible great for my old eyes - extremely comfortable also on this strap - and just right weight for a watch to be worn regularly as i will -probably daily !! love it
    Name:  x33-1.jpg
Views: 96
Size:  62.3 KBName:  x33-2.jpg
Views: 102
Size:  79.9 KB dissenters need not apply

Looks good. I'm not familiar with the model/movement - is it thermal compensated? High accuracy?

3. Likes shameless liked this post
    Quote Originally Posted by happyscrappyheropup View Post
    Looks good. I'm not familiar with the model/movement - is it thermal compensated? High accuracy?
    thanks buddy -they are highly accurate ! but not thermo comp-that would be the latest one -the Skywalker - maybe this one will lead me to one of those

5. Likes happyscrappyheropup liked this post
    I actually met up with somebody local that owns one of these. Gotta say I've never been interested...until I tried it on. Nice grab, Peter. Enjoy it.

7. Likes shameless liked this post
    Quote Originally Posted by gnuyork View Post
    I actually met up with somebody local that owns one of these. Gotta say I've never been interested...until I tried it on. Nice grab, Peter. Enjoy it.
    thankyou Joe - i realise not everybody's cup of tea -but certainly mine - i have very Catholic tastes that cover a wide range of pieces- no rule of thumb !

That's just plain AWESOME! Big Congrats Peter!

does it have a backlight for checking time in the dark?

10. Likes shameless liked this post
    Sweet! I've always like those; great combination of good looks and functionality. Congrats!

~Sherry.
    Eterna | Tudor | Seiko | Casio | G-Shock | Orient | Swatch | Mondaine | Zodiac (pre-Fossil) | Rolex | Wenger | Pulsar Time Computer | Omega | Timex | Bucherer | Citizen | Bulova | Glycine

12. Likes shameless liked this post
    What can I say? I'm jealous, of course.

Now, more seriously: I know you were after this model for some time and I'm glad you found one in such a great shape. Enjoy your new Omega for many, many years, my friend.

P.S.: Today I visited a local shop and I think you would love to browse their stock. Don't know if I can convince the owner to let me take a few pics next time I come by, but the things I saw there... The owner, a gentlemen in his mid-50s, is "only" one of the top european Omega collectors! The things he has for sale and the pieces he keeps in his personal collection...I've never seen anything like that before. I'm amazed! Unfortunately, he doesn't have an internet page or anything. Told me he doesn't need one...

14. Likes happyscrappyheropup, iyonk, shameless liked this post
    I like that one. These Ana-digis are growing on me. It probably started with the one you have now. I do find the Skywalker appealing as well. I think every collection should have at least one nice Quartz in some form or another.

16. Likes shameless liked this post
    Great watch - and that strap is fantastic.

18. Likes shameless liked this post