Likes Likes:  9

Thread: Now, that's customer service.

Now, that's customer service.

A couple of years ago we bought a fairly expensive blender, a Blendtec. They are a lot like a Vitamix, though the company is far older than Vitamix, the blenders are usually about $100 less with a couple hundred watts more power than a comparable Vitamix. They also have a longer warranty, 8 years for the model we bought.

Shortly after we got it, it died. I may have overfilled it during a cleaning cycle and gotten water into the motor. I admitted this. They replaced it anyway. Fast forward to Monday night. I am making soup in it. I smell that electrical smell and unplug it. No good. It is dead. Call Blendtec and they tell me they discontinued that motor, so my model is no longer available. Would I like the 2 1/2 horsepower super quiet entry level pro model instead? Yes, I say, I would like that. OK, they say. That model has a ten year warranty, so we'll honour that.

So when this all shakes out I will have a blender worth a couple of hundred dollars more than the one I bought, which I bought and 12 years of no questions asked warranty.
    Last edited by Henry Krinkle; Sep 28, 2022 at 03:45 PM.
    Solve all your doubts through question mode.

got to be a nice story as that just don't happen any more does it

last time I tried to sort a warranty out got a very rude annoying and hard to understand person on the other end that lead to me dumping the product in the bin with a vow to never buy from them again ..

but then again you do come from the land of..

so yeah guess could be true I guess but nice for you
    sharky
    one of the most original good guys their was never anything but a true friend "the daito to my shoto"
    rest easy good buddy
    https://gofund.me/eb610af1

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by is that my watch View Post
    got to be a nice story as that just don't happen any more does it

last time I tried to sort a warranty out got a very rude annoying and hard to understand person on the other end that lead to me dumping the product in the bin with a vow to never buy from them again ..

but then again you do come from the land of..

so yeah guess could be true I guess but nice for you
    I love that show.
    Read my latest IWL blog entry! An Ode To Rule Breaking

Blog Entries
    When a company goes the extra distance for a customer, it comes back to them in ways like this story. Now I will remember Blendtec if we ever manage to outlive our 40 year old Waring two-speed.
    Too many watches, not enough wrists.

Quote Originally Posted by Raza View Post
    I love that show.
    yeah deafanbaker stole the show though didn't he
    sharky
    one of the most original good guys their was never anything but a true friend "the daito to my shoto"
    rest easy good buddy
    https://gofund.me/eb610af1

6. Likes Raza liked this post
    That's great service.

On a smaller scale, I've had great service like that from Oxo. I have a can opener I really like and as it began to wear I reached out to them about replacement parts. They didn't offer them, but asked that I take a picture of it and send it to them with my address. About a week later, I received a new can opener. Score.

Next one was Bubba, they make insulated containers for drinks. Had a 2L model I used a lot, well made but the lid was so-so. I ended up breaking the lid, reached out to them and they don't offer lids separately and they discontinued the container I use. They asked for my address and a few weeks later a new 1.5L container showed up. The biggest score was that the lid actually fit my 2L, so I just swap it between the two.

Quote Originally Posted by Henry Krinkle View Post

So when this all shakes out I will have a blender worth a couple of hundred dollars more than the one I bought, which I bought and 12 years of no questions asked warranty.
    Hearing this story is like seeing the flag on the 18th green. It gives you hope.

Retired from Fire/Rescue January 2019 with 30 years on the job

Blog Entries
    Great customer service is always a treat. It shouldn’t be so rare and it’s unfortunate that it is, but I love it when it happens.
    Read my latest IWL blog entry! An Ode To Rule Breaking