Likes Likes:  57
Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Let's see your Panerai!

Hybrid View

Let's see your Panerai!

I haven't seen a "Let's see..." thread on Panerai yet, so here you go!

I'll start...

Here is my Panerai Luminor 104:

Name:  ImageUploadedByTapatalk1416786544.016314.jpg
Views: 165
Size:  51.6 KB

Name:  ImageUploadedByTapatalk1416786562.882749.jpg
Views: 206
Size:  63.8 KB
    Last edited by Andrema; Nov 23, 2014 at 10:49 PM.

I wish! One brand (of several) I've never owned. The budget doesn't permit right now (unless I were willing to sell off a bunch of others). But that is a great looking watch!
    Regards, T Bone

Even a broken watch shows correct time once or twice a day. I ought to know, I have a few!

Thank you, it is one of my favorites!

Nice!

I never owned one because there are just so many models and I don't know where to start.

Quote Originally Posted by Rob View Post
    Nice!

I never owned one because there are just so many models and I don't know where to start.
    I agree, love to see the 42mm versions with out the crown guard...I just don't understand the numbering systems & serial number deal.

Love the look & style tho, congrats to all owners.

Quote Originally Posted by Bwana View Post
    I agree, love to see the 42mm versions with out the crown guard...I just don't understand the numbering systems & serial number deal.

Love the look & style tho, congrats to all owners.

First there is no real system to the model numbers you just pick them up over time, I am reluctant to say I occasionally forget one of the model numbers of ones I actually own.

The serial number is just that a increasing number that goes sequentially with each new watch built and is not directly connected to a model or a year, many people get this mixed up with the production number which I will explain in a moment. The year designator is a letter that started with A in 1998 and goes up one letter each year, the letter is followed by the production number which indicates the number of production of that particular model for the year. So J 267/500 is a watch made in 2007 and is the 267th out of 500 made that year this is the kind of thing collectors love compared to trying to ferret out something as arcane as what was the first Submariner ever made etc. Note there may be several J 267/500 watches made in a year since the number is only related to a specific model, so if there were 4 models made in 2007 with production of 500 there will be 4 2007 Panerai with the same year and model designator J 267/500. So a PAM XXX J 267/500 is unique there may be a PAM YYY J 267/500 also, the serial number with be different however.

The 42mm without crown guards can be one of two cases, the Radiomir case or the Radiomir 1940 case, the former has wire lugs and the latter has fixed lugs.

Below is the PAM 337 which is a 42mm Radiomir case and the 512 which is a 42mm Radiomir 1940 case be aware there are other versions of these cases, these are just examples.

Panerai has lots of odd names and lexicon associated with it. Things like sandwich, sausage and pig dials. If you have any questions I will be happy to try to answer them. Despite what some people think Panerai has a huge variety of watches with significantly different details even if the basic look is similar. They have used 9 different case materials alone.
    Last edited by ilitig8; Dec 4, 2014 at 03:00 PM.

7. Likes Bwana, T Bone liked this post
    Quote Originally Posted by ilitig8 View Post
    First there is no real system to the model numbers you just pick them up over time, I am reluctant to say I occasionally forget one of the model numbers of ones I actually own.

The serial number is just that a increasing number that goes sequentially with each new watch built and is not directly connected to a model or a year, many people get this mixed up with the production number which I will explain in a moment. The year designator is a letter that started with A in 1998 and goes up one letter each year, the letter is followed by the production number which indicates the number of production of that particular model for the year. So J 267/500 is a watch made in 2007 and is the 267th out of 500 made that year this is the kind of thing collectors love compared to trying to ferret out something as arcane as what was the first Submariner ever made etc. Note there may be several J 267/500 watches made in a year since the number is only related to a specific model, so if there were 4 models made in 2007 with production of 500 there will be 4 2007 Panerai with the same year and model designator J 267/500. So a PAM XXX J 267/500 is unique there may be a PAM YYY J 267/500 also, the serial number with be different however.

The 42mm without crown guards can be one of two cases, the Radiomir case or the Radiomir 1940 case, the former has wire lugs and the latter has fixed lugs.

Below is the PAM 337 which is a 42mm Radiomir case and the 512 which is a 42mm Radiomir 1940 case be aware there are other versions of these cases, these are just examples.

Panerai has lots of odd names and lexicon associated with it. Things like sandwich, sausage and pig dials. If you have any questions I will be happy to try to answer them. Despite what some people think Panerai has a huge variety of watches with significantly different details even if the basic look is similar. They have used 9 different case materials alone.
    Her's my stance on OP

People sleep peaceably in their beds @ night ONLY because rough men stand ready to do VIOLENCE
    on their behalf.....

William

Member#842

9. Likes ilitig8, Bwana liked this post

11. Likes watchdaddy1 liked this post
    Quote Originally Posted by Imitation of Life View Post
    Base is Ace

Sent from my SGH-T399 using Tapatalk
    People sleep peaceably in their beds @ night ONLY because rough men stand ready to do VIOLENCE
    on their behalf.....

William

Member#842

13. Likes Imitation of Life liked this post
    Most of the Pamily: 564, 288, 532, 111, 249, 563, 292 and in front the 243 and 029
    Attached Images Attached Images