Likes Likes:  0

Thread: Leather care products for home furniture

Leather care products for home furniture

Leather care products for home furniture. Anyone here have a leather couch or something? Stuff you sit on, not a handbag. What cleaning and preservative product do you use for it? (Available to the USA)

Retired from Fire/Rescue January 2019 with 30 years on the job

Blog Entries
    For light cleaning, Weiman leather wipes or spray are what I use on the furniture. They work well, don’t leave a residue, and definitely pick up dirt and clean and condition the leather, but for a deep clean, you need to put a lot of physical work in. But, it’s affordable and is great for upkeep.

I’ve heard, but not tried myself, that products from Chemical Guys are top notch for furniture cleaning and deep cleaning. Seems like their product is a two step process—first the cleaner and then the conditioner. So it takes twice as long, but I hear their stuff is excellent. I plan on getting some myself.
    Read my latest IWL blog entry! An Ode To Rule Breaking

Lanolin leather wipes on the sofas around four times a year keep them ok.
    The last sofas after a few years started to get matt so tried URAD , brill , came up like new.
    Had a quick google and it is available in US

https://usaurad.com/

Treated shoes/boots with it too.

Thank you for the tips. I'll try them.

Retired from Fire/Rescue January 2019 with 30 years on the job

Before this thread used wipes a few days earlier , ok , but.
    Usually wait until summer to treat as prefer to leave to soak in over a day , bit like dubbin really. As the forcast says fine might jump in tomorrow, early ...