Likes Likes:  19
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Adding Forum Content

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by GaryF View Post
    I'm thinking that this might need to happen sooner rather than later, too.
    Me too. I've seen it asked for multiple times.

I don't mean just spam for the sake of creating threads or anything.

I mean going back to your horological roots and posting on what you really love about your watches, or watches in general. I'm a little lazy now. I forget that newbs can really benefit from concepts and topics that we may find mundane.

There are so many members here already who really know what they're talking about and have very strong opinions. Quality content from senior WIS is, in my opinion, what will bring interesting people and more importantly, build a quality forum.

3. Likes OTGabe liked this post
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Rob View Post
    There are so many members here already who really know what they're talking about and have very strong opinions. Quality content from senior WIS is, in my opinion, what will bring interesting people and more importantly, build a quality forum.
    Truth.

What we most desperately need right now is quality content. We've got some really special members who can provide it. More than that, you guys are birthing a forum here as much as we are. You have an opportunity to help set tone and forge identity. The fun stuff is...fun, but it's the significant stuff that will give us relevance and with it staying power.

Jeannie

5. Likes Rob, is that my watch, Seriously liked this post
    Old Fogey Support Team chrono555's Avatar
    At the car, just fetching your zimmer frame.
    Community spirit, live-and-let-live, respect other people's choice of watch, learn from others' interests. Community and learning, those are the qualities that make a forum succeed.
    That's where WUS went wrong. The new owners bought a golden egg and polished it to the point they turned it into a big fat turd.

7. Likes Broker, is that my watch, Seriously liked this post
    well going great I'm happy with all the contents well almost but looks like that could be changing for the good.. o yes just one thing vote yes to the Russian fora apart from that am happy as a pig in how does that go again
    sharky
    one of the most original good guys their was never anything but a true friend "the daito to my shoto"
    rest easy good buddy
    https://gofund.me/eb610af1

9. Likes DJW GB, chrono555 liked this post
    Quote Originally Posted by Jeannie View Post
    Truth.

What we most desperately need right now is quality content. We've got some really special members who can provide it. More than that, you guys are birthing a forum here as much as we are. You have an opportunity to help set tone and forge identity. The fun stuff is...fun, but it's the significant stuff that will give us relevance and with it staying power.

Jeannie
    I've tried to start threads on topics which cross the tiers - to take advantage of the fact that we're still a small community and haven't got a bovine-witted element in our ranks, and haven't yet begun to settle into our specific burrows. Although watches vary so hugely in price and style, their core elements are naturally common to the whole range, and I think discussions will always throw more interesting light when they make the most of that commonality.

11. Likes Jeannie, Rob, OhDark30 liked this post