Likes Likes:  33
Page 1 of 6 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Best strap maker?

Blog Entries

Best strap maker?

I have to give the nod to DaLuca straps based out of California. They use Horween leather, vintage stuff and it's incredible. Are they cheap? No. Are they great straps? Yes.

They use these sleeves that are sewn into the straps that makes the springbars move around freely. It's attention to detail that I like. They come well presented and they take good care of you.

2. Likes Hayseed Brown, -JP liked this post
    April in Paris makes some rather amazing straps -- she was trained at Hermès, and is magical with leather. Obviously, the strap wasn't the subject of this picture, but here is an example.

For more... adventurous straps, I rather like Steve-O-Straps. Here's one for a Panerai that he made for me.

4. Likes Bwana, Chronopolitano, Nokie, -JP liked this post
    I have ordered a Camille Fournet strap for my vintage JLC, and they seem to be among the very best. I'll know for sure when it arrives, but they apparently make JLC's OEM straps, which I think are excellent.

They were about the only option for a properly fitting (17mm, but extra long) thin lizard strap, which is what this 70-year-old watch wants.

Rick "pics eventually" Denney
    More than 500 characters worth of watches.

6. Likes Chronopolitano liked this post

Best strap maker?

Micah at Vintager is my pick.

Brindle

Metta Catharina

By the way, nice straps!
    Last edited by Andrema; Nov 24, 2014 at 03:03 AM.

8. Likes Chronopolitano, Samanator liked this post
    Heuerville straps are incredible. Top notch quality, great look. And Stewart's watch connection is absurd (not that that matters really, but it's fun to look at his pieces). Here are a couple that I have from him. The yellow is goat leather.

10. Likes Chronopolitano, Faiz, drickster, -JP liked this post
    Richard Dent does incredible work too!

Quote Originally Posted by josh View Post
    Heuerville straps are incredible. Top notch quality, great look. And Stewart's watch connection is absurd (not that that matters really, but it's fun to look at his pieces). Here are a couple that I have from him. The yellow is goat leather.

I agree. Stewart has made several for my Subs and Autavia...here is the latest:

Name:  ImageUploadedByTapatalk1416801360.904172.jpg
Views: 251
Size:  63.5 KB

13. Likes josh liked this post
    Peter Gunny does good work:

[

I love this for general knocking around and for hiking unless it's really hot out (drenched it with sweat on Monadnock one day. Too much information? )

[IMG]

Yep, +1 on Heuerville straps.

Name:  ImageUploadedByTapatalk1416801839.542471.jpg
Views: 214
Size:  81.4 KB

And Drew straps... His canvas straps are great, as well as the leather ones

Name:  ImageUploadedByTapatalk1416801941.482559.jpg
Views: 261
Size:  76.0 KB

Name:  ImageUploadedByTapatalk1416801893.843805.jpg
Views: 211
Size:  44.5 KB
    Joe

Omega / Rolex / Oris / Citizen / Seiko / Alpina / G Shock

16. Likes josh liked this post
    ^^^ I totally agree, Joe! Drew is the most underrated strap maker in the business! The man has serious talent!!