Likes Likes:  15

Thread: Hello from the UK, Rado ( not exclsuively though) fanboy.

Hello from the UK, Rado ( not exclsuively though) fanboy.

Hello and Good day one and all,

I am Mahender from the UK and I am new to the forum, hence the halloo.

About 3 years ago I indulged in a lifelong fascination with watches I've had since being a kid. I was very active till a few years ago and never thought i would wear them and really didnt have the confidence to carry them off. Now i am older, wiser and wear my pieces really well with pride.That obsession is more or less satisfied now with a couple of exceptions.

I hope to have some reasonable and good contributions although i am certainly no watch aficionado. I kinda look and love sub £1000.00 watches and have dilemmas over higher priced watches. My absolute grail watch would have to be Lange double split Chrono. what a piece..

I have shown my most special watch ( although i do love all of mine for various reasons) in the Rado section.

its a pleasure to be here and look forward to perusing and contributing.

all the best,
    Mahender.

Dive Watches & Japanese Moderator OTGabe's Avatar
    Welcome!

3. Likes mahender liked this post
    Hello and welcome.

I think you will find this a pleasant and friendly forum where all watches and watch lovers are welcomed.

And nice to have you in the Rado forum. Haven't had a chance to check it out in a few days now.
    Solve all your doubts through question mode.

5. Likes mahender liked this post
    Halloo to you too, Mahender, and

Your story is a common one, and you’re right about the Lange.

7. Likes mahender liked this post
    Hiya and welcome to the mad house!

Quote Originally Posted by mahender View Post
    I kinda look and love sub £1000.00 watches and have dilemmas over higher priced watches.
    Kinda like me. In fact, I don't think I've spent more than €1100 on a single watch. So far, so good!

9. Likes mahender liked this post

thank you

thank you all for the kind welcome.

I know a little bit about a little bit of horology but hope to start some conversations and stories about my pieces and will spend time perusing other discussions.

I joined another forum a while back, not sure what it was called now, but i left shortly thereafter due to the magnanimous douche bags on there. I found them to be a little contrived and pompous considering in reality its just a timepiece on your wrist. (even though i know they mean so much more to us individually). but it was just a strange dichotomy of snobbery. (im sure you are all aware how some speedy people can be).

i look forward to being part of your community.

thank you all again.
    mahender

11. Likes scottjc, Henry Krinkle, tribe125 liked this post
    I have said hello over in the Rado group but will say it again here.
    I hope you'll enjoy being part of this forum, it's a very friendly place.

Sent from my SM-S908B using Tapatalk
    If the supply of ETA movement parts affects you please complete this survey:
    https://www.surveymonkey.com/r/swiss_watches

13. Likes mahender liked this post
    Savagely Average
    Welcome! Great group here. Read, participate, enjoy!

15. Likes mahender liked this post