Likes Likes:  14
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: New Panerai 580 Flyback

New Panerai 580 Flyback

New Panerai PAM 580 44mm Ceramic 1950 Luminor 3 day p.9100 in-house movement flyback chrono with central minute counter. What say ye?

Its a stunner.
    Regards Cam

Watches
    Tudor Pelagos, Omega Speedmaster 3510.50, Oris 1965 Diver, Tissot Visodate, Junghans Max Bill Auto, Helson Blackbeard, Seiko PADI Turtle, Tag Heuer F1

Cool!
    But I think at some point they should loose the crownguard and make a more 6152 or 6154 styled version. I would love to see them do a modern take like this one on one of those models

[image is of course borrowed from www.vintagepanerai.com]

Not feeling the Flyback pushers, those look like a design afterthought. Would be nice if the pushers did not protrude out that much or maybe integrated into the case.

5. Likes Domo liked this post
    Quote Originally Posted by Mew88 View Post
    Not feeling the Flyback pushers, those look like a design afterthought. Would be nice if the pushers did not protrude out that much or maybe integrated into the case.
    My thoughts exactly. Doesn't look very harmonious with the crown guard.

7. Likes Mew88 liked this post
    Quote Originally Posted by Martin View Post
    Cool!
    But I think at some point they should loose the crownguard and make a more 6152 or 6154 styled version. I would love to see them do a modern take like this one on one of those models

[image is of course borrowed from www.vintagepanerai.com]
    What you like is called the Radiomir 1940 case and they make several of them, this is the PAM 399, these have NOS Minerva movements in them.

Panarai makes just about every variation of the original designs in a multitude of modern and more traditional complications.
    Last edited by ilitig8; Nov 24, 2014 at 09:44 AM.

I tend to agree about the pushers, here are some different ways they have incorporated them. The later round pushers and the earlier rectangular pushers, both sorta built into the crown protector.

10. Likes Domo, Mew88 liked this post
    Quote Originally Posted by ilitig8 View Post
    What you like is called the Radiomir 1940 case and they make several of them, this is the PAM 399, these have NOS Minerva movements in them.

Panarai makes just about every variation of the original designs in a multitude of modern and more traditional complications.
    Oh, wow, Didn't know about that one! To be honest, I do not really follow all the new PAM versions anymore, as to me it was a bit like the Porsche 911, very nice but every new model is more of the same.

Quote Originally Posted by Martin View Post
    Oh, wow, Didn't know about that one! To be honest, I do not really follow all the new PAM versions anymore, as to me it was a bit like the Porsche 911, very nice but every new model is more of the same.
    I completely understand. I think the 911 is a good analogy, while a Porsche nut sees a world of difference between a 911 Carrera a GT3 and a Turbo S a person not interested in P-cars will just see three more "smushed VW Beetles". The thing about Panerai is once you get the itch it becomes difficult to fully scratch, you start to see all the little variations and if you love one you are likely to find a BUNCH of others you want. As for variations I counted a while back and they have used at least 9 different case materials alone. I am guilty of getting caught in the trap and Panerai is the 2nd most prolific brand in my accumulation. I am reluctant to admit this is not all of them... I have a problem.
    Attached Images Attached Images  

13. Likes Domo, Martin, Perseus, Cybotron liked this post
    ^^^^
    Porca troia!