Likes Likes:  41
Page 8 of 8 FirstFirst ... 678

Thread: Bond's Next Watch?

Blog Entries
    Looks like DC will be wearing two watches in this film. Man, Omega must think that we Bond fans are made of money. But I'm wise to their tricks. I'm all Omega'd up as far as I'm concerned...well, a "Skyfall" AquaTerra would be nice.

teeritz

(IWL Member No. 72)
    My other distractions ---> http://www.teeritz.blogspot.com.au

Quote Originally Posted by Teeritz View Post
    Looks like DC will be wearing two watches in this film. Man, Omega must think that we Bond fans are made of money. But I'm wise to their tricks. I'm all Omega'd up as far as I'm concerned...well, a "Skyfall" AquaTerra would be nice.
    I hear that, T. Honestly, the majority of the Omega range has done nothing for me for years, barring the evergreen 3570.50 which I've already got. I much prefer the pieces they were turning out in the 90's up through early 2000's, before they became all over-inflated-looking and went charging towards ever-higher tiers of affluent customers. Now - for both Rolex and Omega - I've turned into that old guy who pokes his cane at the young whipper-snappers and tells them how much better things were in the old days!

One exception is the Skyfall AT, which I do have and like very much. I actually acquired it before I knew it was in the film - I thought he had on the PO the entire time and never bothered to research it. So I can claim I just have good taste in watches like Commander Bond.

- Matt

3. Likes muddy250, Teeritz liked this post
    Quote Originally Posted by Scamp007 View Post
    Good luck identifying this, Gentlemen, new SM300....??

Sent from my iPhone
    Why has he got, what appears to be an L on his forehead ?

^^^^

That is a good question....?
    "Either He's Dead, Or My Watch Has Stopped....."
    Groucho Marx

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by workahol View Post
    I hear that, T. Honestly, the majority of the Omega range has done nothing for me for years, barring the evergreen 3570.50 which I've already got. I much prefer the pieces they were turning out in the 90's up through early 2000's, before they became all over-inflated-looking and went charging towards ever-higher tiers of affluent customers. Now - for both Rolex and Omega - I've turned into that old guy who pokes his cane at the young whipper-snappers and tells them how much better things were in the old days!

One exception is the Skyfall AT, which I do have and like very much. I actually acquired it before I knew it was in the film - I thought he had on the PO the entire time and never bothered to research it. So I can claim I just have good taste in watches like Commander Bond.

- Matt
    Hey, Matt, I must have missed this post of yours. I agree about both Omega and Rolex these days. Both well-made watches, without a doubt, but not much in their line-up that thrills me, with the exception of the AT models.
    And Omega's aggressive move upmarket has created a different kind of Omega customer in recent years. Whereas in the past, on the other forum, you'd get a healthy mix of both old and new Omega models being shown by members, nowadays it appears that most of what I see is just the latest Planet Ocean or AquaTerra. Nothing wrong with that per se, but I don't see many vintage pieces or even Seamasters/AquaTerras from ten years ago.
    And yep, after a lifetime of hero-worship, the tables have been turned a couple of times. I had the 42mm Planet Ocean before Bond wore one in "Quantum of Solace", and I've had the tortoise-shell version of Bond's Tom Ford sunglasses (as seen in "SPECTRE") for over a year.
    Take that, Mr. Bond!

teeritz

(IWL Member No. 72)

Hey, Matt, I must have missed this post of yours. I agree about both Omega and Rolex these days. Both well-made watches, without a doubt, but not much in their line-up that thrills me, with the exception of the AT models.
    And Omega's aggressive move upmarket has created a different kind of Omega customer in recent years. Whereas in the past, on the other forum, you'd get a healthy mix of both old and new Omega models being shown by members, nowadays it appears that most of what I see is just the latest Planet Ocean or AquaTerra. Nothing wrong with that per se, but I don't see many vintage pieces or even Seamasters/AquaTerras from ten years ago.
    And yep, after a lifetime of hero-worship, the tables have been turned a couple of times. I had the 42mm Planet Ocean before Bond wore one in "Quantum of Solace", and I've had the tortoise-shell version of Bond's Tom Ford sunglasses (as seen in "SPECTRE") for over a year.
    Take that, Mr. Bond!
    Hey T
    I'm in the market for another pair of sunnies after you convinced me to try the persols which are now my go to pair. Point me at the TF's! :-) if I'm gonna keep up this West Indian trip annually I'll need 'em!
    Chris
    Ω Seamaster3

Quote Originally Posted by muddy250 View Post
    Hey T
    I'm in the market for another pair of sunnies after you convinced me to try the persols which are now my go to pair. Point me at the TF's! :-) if I'm gonna keep up this West Indian trip annually I'll need 'em!
    I've bought two pairs of Persol Reflex in the last year or so and they are fantastic. Both polarised, internal AR and one is photo-sensitive. I've long been a Persol fan but the rest don't get a look in these days. They're just so wearable.

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by muddy250 View Post
    Hey T
    Here's what Mr. Craig wore during filming;

Name:  DC's Tom Ford sunnies.jpg
Views: 79
Size:  49.2 KB

And here's my tortoise-shell version;

Model number is TF237, with the name "Snowdon", but I think that's changed. They measure 50 by 21, but there's a 52mm pair on eBay right now;

http://www.ebay.com.au/itm/Tom-Ford-...item2edd456f55

Search for "Tom Ford Snowdon" and you should get results.
    These frames do wear a little RayBanny, but they are great frames with wine-red lenses. Like looking at life through the bottom of a glass.
    Definitely try them on if you get the chance. Very reminiscent of Connery's sunnies in Thunderball during the "I think he got the point" scene with Vargas and the speargun on the beach.

teeritz

(IWL Member No. 72)

Here's what Mr. Craig wore during filming;

Name:  DC's Tom Ford sunnies.jpg
Views: 79
Size:  49.2 KB

And here's my tortoise-shell version;

Model number is TF237, with the name "Snowdon", but I think that's changed. They measure 50 by 21, but there's a 52mm pair on eBay right now;

http://www.ebay.com.au/itm/Tom-Ford-...item2edd456f55

Search for "Tom Ford Snowdon" and you should get results.
    These frames do wear a little RayBanny, but they are great frames with wine-red lenses. Like looking at life through the bottom of a glass.
    Definitely try them on if you get the chance. Very reminiscent of Connery's sunnies in Thunderball during the "I think he got the point" scene with Vargas and the speargun on the beach.
    Thanks for the detailed info T! :-)
    Chris
    Ω Seamaster3

Quote Originally Posted by GaryF View Post
    I've bought two pairs of Persol Reflex in the last year or so and they are fantastic. Both polarised, internal AR and one is photo-sensitive. I've long been a Persol fan but the rest don't get a look in these days. They're just so wearable.
    I'll check those out too Gary. Thanks!
    Chris
    Ω Seamaster3