Likes Likes:  5

Thread: Servicing a vintage AQ-53 casio 1998.

Servicing a vintage AQ-53 casio 1998.

Me again so this time from the job lot buy a AQ-53 said in wruw not sure if 1988 or 1998 well looks like someone scratched a date in to the back that it is a 98 version so that's handy

Name:  DSCF3045.jpg
Views: 179
Size:  113.1 KBName:  DSCF3046.jpg
Views: 179
Size:  119.4 KB
    This is a double module (well single really but two parts hence I call them double ) ok so back come off like any other their a spacer you got to be careful on lift out straight so not to bend any pusher bars.

Name:  DSCF3047.jpg
Views: 176
Size:  145.2 KBName:  DSCF3048.jpg
Views: 175
Size:  114.9 KB

Now you have the module on show looking at it square on with the pusher's on the left and right of you there are two smaller catches you need to carefully (as only plastic pop those by using a small blade screwdriver pushing gentle away from the case end no hard pressure is need so if doing right it will just pop clear think on the same way you pop a battery clip exactly the same really) the catches are top and bottom of the case ok that should then make the whole top loose.

Name:  DSCF3049.jpg
Views: 170
Size:  113.9 KBName:  DSCF3050.jpg
Views: 172
Size:  128.5 KB

Again you need to lift squarely as in the bottom right corner theirs a long spring and as you go up will reveal it . is should stay in place as it goes into the other part of the module . ok so put that part of the module to one side .The other battery should be seen there's a battery clip like normal pop it and remove and replace battery. now I normal pick up the watch keeping it level and look under it and see if the screens working .. not touching the module at all or removing it or anything theirs no need.

Then set it down again (I tend to check the pusher at this point on the case to see they push cleanly and if not clean around them careful as they get gunked up on the outside )

Name:  DSCF3056.jpg
Views: 171
Size:  142.0 KB

Ok then the top module can go back on now but remember that spring it should feed through a hole and come out the back and it should just click down again. check the one pusher that does the light as the top module is just for the light. if all good just close it back up jobs a good one .

Name:  DSCF3058.jpg
Views: 173
Size:  123.1 KBName:  DSCF3060.jpg
Views: 169
Size:  90.9 KBName:  DSCF3065.jpg
Views: 134
Size:  140.9 KB

as always ismy.
    sharky
    one of the most original good guys their was never anything but a true friend "the daito to my shoto"
    rest easy good buddy
    https://gofund.me/eb610af1

2. Likes Greg, Mediocre liked this post
    Good as new. Great work ismy.

4. Likes is that my watch liked this post
    Quote Originally Posted by Greg View Post
    Good as new. Great work ismy.
    well almost as new the light button's a bit stiff to press and a couple of scratches to the crystal that won't polywatch out but yeah for being 25 years old not bad hey mate thanks
    sharky
    one of the most original good guys their was never anything but a true friend "the daito to my shoto"
    rest easy good buddy

Savagely Average
    Ready for 25 more years!!!

7. Likes is that my watch liked this post
    Cool! Casio today sells some analogues with the same setup.
    I prefer of course when casio uses the large battery for the whole movement (what they also did on some modelss). :-)
    1. never trust cloud services
    2. always keep control of your data

9. Likes is that my watch liked this post
    Quote Originally Posted by d2mac View Post
    Cool! Casio today sells some analogues with the same setup.
    I prefer of course when casio uses the large battery for the whole movement (what they also did on some modelss). :-)
    yes seiko and citizen and timex or did the same sort of model casio re invents it a few times too take the aw 30 im waiting on battery for they have done a modern version think it's aw 90 or ah 90 if get going will do a thread might mention that.
    sharky
    rest easy good buddy