Likes Likes:  16

Thread: I Say Tomato...

Hybrid View

When I started this hobby, I was really discovering my taste. I tried anything from 34mm vintage to 47mm PAM Look-a-likes. And I'm glad I used cheap 'hommages' (Never ever a replica though) to help me steer my taste. What I though I liked, I got fed up with, but I kept coming back to certain models. At dome point I looked at my watches and saw these together:

And then I knew, I need to get a DJ. And I bought one

If I also look at the number of submariner like watches I own, I know there is a sub or a GMT in my future.
    But no more buying look-a-likes for me. I've passed that station.

Regards,

Martin

2. Likes T Bone liked this post
    rolex pic as answer guy mikeylacroix's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Martin View Post
    When I started this hobby, I was really discovering my taste. I tried anything from 34mm vintage to 47mm PAM Look-a-likes. And I'm glad I used cheap 'hommages' (Never ever a replica though) to help me steer my taste. What I though I liked, I got fed up with, but I kept coming back to certain models. At dome point I looked at my watches and saw these together:

And then I knew, I need to get a DJ. And I bought one

If I also look at the number of submariner like watches I own, I know there is a sub or a GMT in my future.
    But no more buying look-a-likes for me. I've passed that station.

Regards,

Martin
    thats how i came to my sub...
    all those sub homages in my collecting piling up...

Quote Originally Posted by mikeylacroix View Post
    thats how i came to my sub...
    all those sub homages in my collecting piling up...
    hehehe

rolex pic as answer guy mikeylacroix's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Martin View Post
    hehehe

Bwahahahaha!

I don't think I would consider the Sinn/B&R or Lum tec copies, they share some design elements but it ends there.

What bothers me most are those mushroom brands like Parnis. It is quite evident some of these share the same cases and parts as replicas sans the offending logo and name.
    They just found a way to profit from both sides of the law.

7. Likes ilitig8 liked this post