Likes Likes:  0

Thread: Good looking smartwatch?

Not bad, but I can't take seriously a device that relies on another device, and it looks like it needs a little work -

I wanted it to display the time for Geneva, Switzerland. It was only able to locate places with the name "Geneva" in the United States.

It looks like the display head on my exercise bike....
    "Either He's Dead, Or My Watch Has Stopped....."
    Groucho Marx

Good looking smartwatch? Nope.
    Follow IWL on instagram! https://instagram.com/iwatchleague

I wanted to create a wearable device that looked like a cool watch, first and foremost
    Name:  Fail.png
Views: 76
Size:  342 Bytes

Quite to my amazement I have actually become interested in the Smartwatch tend/fad/whatever initially from an investment portfolio standpoint (the sensor chips/manufacturers) are intriguing. In this process of gathering information I have been exposed to many of the new options and in the end I have decided a Smartwatch should look like a "smartwatch" to me. Currently, I have no need or desire for one but I see them either flaming out or becoming de rigueur. During this browsing/thinking process I have come to the conclusion for me I don't want a Smartwatch to spend too much effort trying to blend in as a regular watch, make it functional first, make it fit the form factor second and make it look nice third. If it doesn't ape a traditional watch, that is fine. I don't have any need for my dive watches to look like dress watches, so a Smartwatch need not look like a traditional watch.

In the end just on looks I think Apple may be the most pleasing design to me, doesn't try to camouflage itself it just is what it is with a decent design. This watch spends too much time trying to be something it is not and it appears the function suffers for it.