Likes Likes:  11
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: FOIS and 3570

It's the Moonwatch for me, although I can honestly say that I'm not much interested in it having been to the moon. Pushing the moon aside (given a lever long enough and a fulcrum on which to place it...) gives a clearer view of the watch. It's one of the most handsome ever made. It has balance, clarity, and a black and white harmony born out of practicality. An essential watch, forever at its hesalite peak, and forever available. Fabulous.

I prefer it on a strap these days. A bracelet makes it more of a luxury object, a leather strap is somehow more suggestive of the motor racing circuits where it began. There are no mile markers on the way to the moon. The Sea of Tranquility was a picturesque diversion, but that soft landing in the dust made it immortal.

But I like the other one too.

2. Likes gnuyork liked this post
    Quote Originally Posted by geoffbot View Post
    I didn't know you had a panda, Matt! By far my favourite speedy. Pics.
    I was sitting on the dial for a good year and a half unsure if I wanted to go for it. I went crazy the other week and overhauled my watch collection including having the panda dial installed. I need to get pics of everything, but I traded the Nomos towards a blue Tudor Pelagos, then a coworker made me a good deal on his one year old Omega 300MC. Now I need to sell the PO and the Monaco before the H2o Hydra shows up in January!

I was telling my wife that I got a great deal on the 300MC and she thought I had bought the guys $10K vintage red sub! I was shocked how cool she was when she thought I got a great deal on a $10k watch!

I didn't know you had a panda, Matt! By far my favourite speedy. Pics.
    Here is a quick cell phone shot.

Name:  3573 Panda small.jpg
Views: 106
Size:  66.2 KB

5. Likes CFR, mlcor, geoffbot liked this post
    I see you chose a Mitsukoshi (3570.31.00) look. Nice!

Name:  Speedmasters_Mitsukoshi.jpg
Views: 79
Size:  111.8 KB
    (pic from www)

Would love to have one of those...
    Last edited by CFR; Nov 9, 2015 at 11:28 PM.

Really nice comparison! I went back and forth between the traditional and the FOIS, and finally decided on the FOIS. I love it (especially now on its Iyonk strap), and for me, it was the right decision. The size is pretty much perfect for my tastes, and I prefer the vintage hands. I like the way the seconds subdial hand and the main hands are silver, and the chrono hands are not, and I have never found legibility to be an issue. My favorite tool watch for sure.

Name:  617705673e5541bed87a42470ed31f28.jpg
Views: 105
Size:  42.1 KB

Quote Originally Posted by CFR View Post
    I see you chose a Mitsukoshi (3570.31.00) look. Nice!

Would love to have one of those...
    That's the one. I liked it more than the Apollo XI with the red date. I went with a black seconds hand and a white hands on the sub dials because I liked the contrast and thought it made it easier to read.

Working you way up to the alaska project huh?!
    Follow IWL on instagram! https://instagram.com/iwatchleague

Working you way up to the alaska project huh?!
    Maybe someday. Right now I don't want to pay the premium it commands over the 3570. If I was a collector it would be a must have.