Likes Likes:  6

Thread: My Casio GD-8 race car gaming watch lives again!

My Casio GD-8 race car gaming watch lives again!

Over the weekend, I revived my old old .. very old Casio GD-8 race car gaming watch. Its one of the first Casio I ever owned that my father gave me when I was little, roughly 32 yr ago. Unfortunately the LCD has slight bleeding on the top right hand corner, but at least it doesn't affect the rest of the screen. Now I have a source a strap to replace the well aged rubber strap.

It uses CR2016 battery, like some other G-Shocks that I have, which is handy. The white plastic "holder" is intact, just that it doesn't show up in the over exposed photo.

And here's a Hyperlapse video in the time keeping mode.

2. Likes trandy, popoki nui, BlackNomad, OTGabe liked this post
    And here's my high score for the day ... LOL

4. Likes trandy liked this post

My Casio GD-8 race car gaming watch lives again!

lol, that is awesome! The video is just great. Thanks for posting.

You should post that in the main WRUW thread over in IWL Central.

6. Likes BlackNomad liked this post
    Awesome! Glad you could revive your Casio...these were such cool watches. Thanks for sharing!

~Sherry.
    Eterna | Tudor | Seiko | Casio | G-Shock | Orient | Swatch | Mondaine | Zodiac (pre-Fossil) | Rolex | Wenger | Pulsar Time Computer | Omega | Timex | Bucherer | Citizen | Bulova | Glycine

So....much......nostalgia.......

Thanks for sharing.
    Orient Mako w. Sapphire Crystal Mod (Black) - 1947 Tudor Oyster - 1921 'Claridge' - Some Seiko 5's of various ages - Vostok Amphibia Blue Scuba Dude - Modded Soki & Bagelsports - Modded Orient Chicane 'Explorient' - HMT White Pilot LE - Shanghai - Vintage Citizen from 1971 - Quartz Casio dress watch - Casio G-Shock (Not sure of model, silver with analog hands) - Otron digital watch from the 70's.

This is really awesome!!!

"Happiness is not a state to arrive at, but a manner of travelling." Margaret Lee Runbeck.