0 0%
  • List

5 41.67%
  • Gotta Have It

2 16.67%
  • All of the above

5 41.67%
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: The Grail Versus The Shopping List Versus Gotta Have It Approach to Buying

rolex pic as answer guy mikeylacroix's Avatar
    I get enabled

I have an ever-growing list of watches I want to buy. I put the list on paper (spreadsheet, actually) because I kept forgetting which watches I wanted (as well as model number info, etc.) and I kept getting distracted by all the pretty pictures you all post. It goes on my list if it gets my attention and stays on the list if it keeps my attention, and I remove those in which I lose interest. The list has protected me from many an impulse purchase and has helped me maintain discipline in growing the collection/accumulation of watches that I really want. Without this list, I would simply add watches and I imagine I would have experienced some buyers remorse; so far, there has been none though I do love some of my watches more than others. Items on the list are arranged in tiers as opposed to a hard-and-fast order in which to purchase. I wanted some flexibility in case I found a really good deal on something even if it wasn't that ones turn to be bought.

Maybe I'm a little too CDO (it's a lot like OCD but in alphabetical order) but it is fun and keeps me organized.

-hayday
    Last edited by hayday; Nov 24, 2014 at 11:10 PM.

List now after 5 years or so (currently 2 on the list). Earlier on it was gotta have it, sometimes to the tune of double digits per month (thankfully fairly inexpensive ones), yike! No grail(s), only watches that call out, some weakly some yelling at top of lungs . . .

I must be honest: no grails, no list, just chaos. Well, not exactly, but you get the picture.

5. Likes Der Amf, Ray916MN liked this post
    I am somewhere between an opportunist with a list and a gotta have it guy. I have never had a grail.

There are watches that catchy my fancy on and off.

Depending on how distracted I am by other things, sometimes the obsession may continue until it turns into a purchase and at other times, it just fizzles out.

Quote Originally Posted by M. Montaigne View Post
    There are watches that catchy my fancy on and off.

Depending on how distracted I am by other things, sometimes the obsession may continue until it turns into a purchase and at other times, it just fizzles out.
    Sounds like me and the female of the species

Quote Originally Posted by Seriously View Post
    Sounds like me and the female of the species
    Nah, sounds like my approach to women. Pursue or... downgrade the hotness index.