My next purchase, which won't be for some considerable time (honest, talking years here) I have decided will be a "double duty" piece.

By "double duty" I mean a watch that can be worn dressy or with a shirt at work for example or can also be worn in a casual situation.

I realise that you can choose to wear any watch in any situation you feel like, but I hope you get what I mean in terms of this thread.

Looking at generally 38-42mm, date window, around £2500/$4000.

Heres a few of my favourite examples.

Omega Aqua Terra - The "perfect" double duty piece, you really could wear it anywhere, and I love the blue "skyfall" version. The 38.5mm is a great size.

Name:  CF239A2D-C771-47AC-8A0E-949620D25E78-15620-0000073AF1668D3F_zps5334565e.jpg
Views: 95
Size:  26.0 KB

Grand Seiko - any of their pieces really!, although they are slightly more dressy, and prices in Uk of GS are horrendous. I would go for a spring drive as I already have a GS automatic.

Name:  3.jpg
Views: 143
Size:  67.6 KB

Zenith - Thought I'd put this in there as a outsider. No bracelet but it looks fantastic, and theres not enough Zeniths out there. The gold and blue is a fantastic mixture.

Name:  Zenith-Elite-Captain-1.jpg
Views: 123
Size:  52.7 KB

How about you, any ideas or thoughts about the "double duty" type of watch in general ?