Likes Likes:  5

Thread: Tornado Warning

G-Shock & Digital Moderator Kronos's Avatar
    Blog Entries

Tornado Warning

We've had a house in this area for 15 years. This is a first.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Here in the Midwest that's a sign to go outside and look at the sky

Sent from my Pixel 7 Pro using Tapatalk

3. Likes Kronos liked this post
    Quote Originally Posted by Lonestar View Post
    Here in the Midwest that's a sign to go outside and look at the sky

Sent from my Pixel 7 Pro using Tapatalk
    It’s hard not to, isn’t it? Appeals to our monkey curiosity. We had warnings two nights ago, both digital and analog (tornado sirens).

We stayed in a yurt this weekend, in New Hampshire about an hour west of Boston. We were awoken this morning by a tornado warning. A yurt is NOT ideal shelter for a tornado. We laid in bed and watched through the ceiling window, wondering if this was how it all ended.
    Once in awhile you get shown the light in the strangest of places if you look at it right.

6. Likes geoffbot liked this post
    Lots of crazy weather stuff this year already. It gives me serious anxiety.

It's also very crazy that we have had quite mild weather in GA. Just recently has it been hitting 90. I'd say for most of May and June it's been 75 on average, with a hot day creeping into the 80s. Seriously. That's just not the norm around here.

Meanwhile my parents in Central NY state went from went from 90 degree dry drought weather to cold days (in the 50s) back to alternating between weeks of rain and 90 degree weather, they do not have central AC (but a window unit in their bedroom, thankfully) not to mention the wildfire pollution weeks ago. In fact, there was a day or two where that smoke hit Atlanta, and it was intense enough where it affected me as I walked the dog. I can't imagine Chicago and the Northeast where it was much more intense.

Last week or was it the week before, the 3 hottest days on the planet were recorded. Scary stuff.

We had some pretty bad days a week ago in the Chicago area. The smoke is back today, although not as bad.

I don’t understand people who still insist climate change isn’t happening. What difference does it make how much is caused by humans and how much is natural planetary cycles? We need to address it either way. I get the arguments some make that developing countries aren’t going to help, so why should we bother reducing our emissions, but that doesn’t mean we shouldn’t be thinking about remediation and adaptation.

9. Likes gnuyork, Kronos liked this post
    Quote Originally Posted by mlcor View Post
    We had some pretty bad days a week ago in the Chicago area. The smoke is back today, although not as bad.

I don’t understand people who still insist climate change isn’t happening. What difference does it make how much is caused by humans and how much is natural planetary cycles? We need to address it either way. I get the arguments some make that developing countries aren’t going to help, so why should we bother reducing our emissions, but that doesn’t mean we shouldn’t be thinking about remediation and adaptation.

Agreed. Electric cars for all!
    Follow IWL on instagram! https://instagram.com/iwatchleague

11. Likes hayday liked this post
    Quote Originally Posted by mlcor View Post

Up here people like to say "Well, we only contribute 1.6% of all GHGs so we're just going to keep doing that and increase it if we can get backers." What they leave out is that we only have .6% of the population.
    Solve all your doubts through question mode.