Likes Likes:  119
Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: Pilot watch pictures thread

Hybrid View

Quote Originally Posted by M. Montaigne View Post
    Bwana, you only have that limit if you are uploading attachments through IWL. His photos have been uploaded to Photobucket, and he is linking to them. As far as I know, there is on limit when done that way because you aren't using IWL's disk space.
    Thank you Sir, yes you're correct....I'll address that in the future.

So I had some of these in the other thread we moved so I'll try to bring some others here:

Trying to decide on this one where it fits. I'll just include it.
    Last edited by Samanator; Nov 25, 2014 at 11:03 PM.
    Cheers,

Michael

Tell everyone you saw it on IWL!

This is a beautiful watch! Details please?

Quote Originally Posted by BlackCat View Post

This is a beautiful watch! Details please?
    That is a Muhle Glashutte SAR Chronograph. While it starts with a base 7750 base it has about 40-50% MG parts and pretty decent regulation. When Watch Time tested these it had outstanding rates and little variance between positions. It had no variance between chrono on and off. The most unique features are that the controls are all on the left side and the ultra large start/stop pusher. One thing very different for a 7750 bas is a date at the 2. There is a bracelet model but, this has the rubber strap with deployant. It was said to be designed by German helo rescue divers to meet some unique needs they had. The red orange on the dial is off the chart bright.

Few more Pictures:

Last edited by Samanator; Nov 26, 2014 at 01:48 PM.
    Cheers,

Michael

Tell everyone you saw it on IWL!

5. Likes Chronopolitano, MHe225, jsw41, Der Amf liked this post
    The Strela and the Breitling Colt in white are stunning! Too bad you don't have 'em anymore.

That Tutima Flieger is beautiful. Got any more pics?

Yes, a few, including a couple on the splendid but (I think) inappropriate bracelet.

And one antique-effect -

Quote Originally Posted by tribe125 View Post
    Yes, a few, including a couple on the splendid but (I think) inappropriate bracelet.
    Really?! I think the watch looks fantastic on the bracelet.

Really?! I think the watch looks fantastic on the bracelet.
    But not very '1941'... It's an anomaly, I think, to mix sepia-tinted lume and chunky modern jewellery. If it's not already an anomaly to give a modern watch sepia-tinted lume, that is...

Quote Originally Posted by tribe125 View Post
    But not very '1941'... It's an anomaly, I think, to mix sepia-tinted lume and chunky modern jewellery. If it's not already an anomaly to give a modern watch sepia-tinted lume, that is...
    You're over thinking this, my friend. Pretty sure metal bracelets existed long before the advent of watches, even.