Likes Likes:  40
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Why the affordable watches fascinated you?

Why the affordable watches fascinated you?

I think this place is the right one for this discussion..

I'm fascinated by affordables because beside they are appropriate with my current situation, i find the peace of mind when wearing them is comforting..

i have lost a watch, robbed, accidently dropped or bang them hard unintentionaly.. so far i'm not affraid wearing and enjoying my watches since i can afford the price of ownership and future maintenance if needed..

sure these inexpensive / affordable watches, even though would serve as a great tool/timepiece, wont give you the benefit of status or the 'oohhh' and 'aahhh' of the luxury watches..
    but these quality affordables no doubt could serve very well for decades..

i personally-- even if someday i can have a higher-end watch (i doubt it =), would prefer rockin' these affordable watches for daily life.

these affordable watches are charming to me... anybody with me?

picts, because threads will be better with pictures hehehe..
    Attached Images Attached Images      

yes love the choice in the morning and yes they will last over time both quartz and mech and autos
    this one today I am wearing came in a trade but I had one as a kid that took some serious punishment and a few others I could probably have had expensive one's at different points in time in my life but I choose not to I find an infinite infinity of choice with old watches and they seem to have a feeling all there own un like cold new pieces not say it is wrong to want any particular watch we like what we like which is great here are some of my favs affordable new and old
    Attached Images Attached Images           
    sharky
    one of the most original good guys their was never anything but a true friend "the daito to my shoto"
    rest easy good buddy
    https://gofund.me/eb610af1

3. Likes iyonk, Chicolabronse, samael_6978 liked this post
    Love affordables, I'm sure it must be awesome to have expensive pieces in the collection but i'm sure it's just as much of a buzz when you get an affordable and your blown away by the quality you get for a small outlay.

Name:  ss.jpg
Views: 146
Size:  45.1 KB

Name:  2015-09-16 12.57.07.jpg
Views: 145
Size:  196.2 KB

Name:  C6 (2).jpg
Views: 147
Size:  121.2 KB

Name:  2015-10-11 10.38.23.jpg
Views: 149
Size:  119.6 KB

Name:  2015-03-18 10.49.23.jpg
Views: 151
Size:  192.1 KB

Name:  2014-10-12 11.40.18.jpg
Views: 148
Size:  163.2 KB

Name:  C12.jpg
Views: 145
Size:  43.7 KB

Name:  2014-10-12 11.32.56.jpg
Views: 148
Size:  165.2 KB

too true mate there are some decent well priced pieces at the end of the day it what feels right for the person and I love affordable watches suppose it's good that I don't crave more expensive one's then I might lose a little of my love for them but I don't. so I am like a pig in .. how does that go now
    sharky
    one of the most original good guys their was never anything but a true friend "the daito to my shoto"
    rest easy good buddy

6. Likes Chicolabronse, iyonk liked this post
    I like affordable as you can try loads of different sizes and styles without much outlay. You can buy and flip them without worrying about losing hundreds, and often they are bolder and more interesting than the more expensive alternatives. Not to mention the lower cost of ownership (servicing etc.).

I am lucky enough to have a couple of high end watches now, but I still find myself reaching for a Seiko much more often than I expect.
    Proud veteran of the Military Watches Collection thread. 18th February 2014-22nd November 2014. Gone but never forgotten.

My watch blog - Wristwatch Review UK | Seagull1963.co.uk

8. Likes iyonk liked this post
    Really it's to build up my stamp collection
    Russia, China, Ukraine, Bulgaria, Hungary, Czech Republic, Germany, Singapore, France, India, the US, the Republic of Mari El..
    It's the final countdown! PM me before they're all gone!

10. Likes Richmondmike, iyonk, Chicolabronse liked this post
    Quote Originally Posted by is that my watch View Post
    yes love the choice in the morning and yes they will last over time both quartz and mech and autos
    this one today I am wearing came in a trade but I had one as a kid that took some serious punishment and a few others I could probably have had expensive one's at different points in time in my life but I choose not to I find an infinite infinity of choice with old watches and they seem to have a feeling all there own un like cold new pieces not say it is wrong to want any particular watch we like what we like which is great here are some of my favs affordable new and old
    If that Amphibia with the yellow racing stripe takes a 22mm you need to throw the IWL strap on it!
    Kody

Quote Originally Posted by Ague Trading Co View Post
    If that Amphibia with the yellow racing stripe takes a 22mm you need to throw the IWL strap on it!
    try it but it's more yellow then gold you can get away it in pics but in the flesh it's noticeable
    sharky
    rest easy good buddy

Quote Originally Posted by is that my watch View Post
    try it but it's more yellow then gold you can get away it in pics but in the flesh it's noticeable
    Have you posted a pic of it on here anywhere? You've got me curious now.
    Kody

Quote Originally Posted by Ague Trading Co View Post
    Have you posted a pic of it on here anywhere? You've got me curious now.
    thought I had but can't see it will do it as the wruw tomorrow
    sharky
    rest easy good buddy

15. Likes theague liked this post