Likes Likes:  18

Thread: New Watch Alert!!! San Martin Pepsi GMT

New Watch Alert!!! San Martin Pepsi GMT

I purchased the 1st gen Squale Pepsi GMT but they didn't have the bezel insert exactly like Rolex, it looks aluminum because of the shine even though it is ceramic. I debated a Davosa Pepsi GMT but the price is about $400 too much because the quality isn't really different than Squale. I thought long and hard about a Steinhart 39 Pepsi but the dial was matte and the jubilee was all stainless. I thought long and hard about the San Martin. Many reviews said the quality is there beyond the price. My big hangup was the movement, it is a Chinese Hangzhou 6460 GMT. Billed as a clone of the ETA but the GMT hand is rotated counter clockwise when setting, not a biggie but I was worried about long term visibility of it in general. I reached out to people that had 1 for a bit and they said they are still going strong so I jumped. This thing was just delivered and wow!! The pictures speak for themselves. The lume is way better than on my Squale watches. I think I might order in the future the BB GMT, it has a Seiko movement and the black/green ceramic GMT. The bezel colors are perfect. I really like the applied logo and signed crown/clasp. I wish they had their adjustable clasp on this model, hopefully be available to purchase in the future.

If I had to nitpick, I'm not a cyclops guy but it's also sapphire which is pretty great for the price as others use mineral. I wish the base of the GMT had was steel colored so it didn't stick out at the hand stack and the GMT hand could be a little bigger and also steel colored vs red but these are all small things. I'm over the moon with the quality and a high quality Pepsi bezel for $440.

Sent from my Pixel 7 Pro using Tapatalk

Nice pickup! Wear it in good health!

3. Likes Dynamite_Kid19, Samanator liked this post
    Quote Originally Posted by wschofield3 View Post
    Nice pickup! Wear it in good health!
    Thank you!

Sent from my Pixel 7 Pro using Tapatalk

5. Likes wschofield3 liked this post
    Congrats on the new arrival!
    Once in awhile you get shown the light in the strangest of places if you look at it right.

7. Likes Dynamite_Kid19 liked this post
    G-Shock & Digital Moderator Kronos's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    Congrats! Enjoy it!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

9. Likes Dynamite_Kid19 liked this post
    Savagely Average
    Nice, congrats! Love the lume shot too, looks good in the light or dark!

11. Likes Dynamite_Kid19, Samanator liked this post
    Congrats! The bezel does indeed look very good.
    Instagram: @tempocalypse

13. Likes Dynamite_Kid19, Mediocre liked this post
    Blog Entries
    It looks great! I love the lumed bezel, touches like that are so satisfying.
    Read my latest IWL blog entry! An Ode To Rule Breaking

15. Likes Mediocre liked this post