Likes Likes:  22
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Breguet Tradition 7027 extreme macro series on movement finishing

Breguet Tradition 7027 extreme macro series on movement finishing

I picked up my new 2x magnification macro lens yesterday and of course turned it towards the Breguet first thing.

I thought I would take the opportunity to really zoom in on the finer points of finishing on this watch. As a side note I think between the initial thread and this one, theres not a whole lot to say for a full review as such as I promised initially. Anyway here's some eye candy.

I talked about the anglage in the original thread too, but getting in even closer, the way its done and the quality of the execution becomes even more apparent. You can see that the anglage where it is applied is rounded anglage with an outward curve rather than a straight cut. This can only be done by hand and is superbly executed.

Breguet Tradition 7027 by Tempocalypse Watch, on Flickr

There are multiple sharp interior angles where bevels meet. Another sign of excellent finishing as this requires more time and skill. Several at very acute angles. Also take note of the gear teeth in some of these pics. (first zoomed out pic is an older pic)

How about the wheels? They do not disappoint Yes the bevels are necessarily tiny but they do their job in catching the light and and highlighting those edges.

One of the most interesting looking parts is the parachute shock absorber. The top surface has a straight satin/brushed finished. But again the edges are bevelled to a high standard. Always harder on stainless steel and the work is again top notch. The surface is well polished enough on a couple of pictures I saw a couple of distorted but recognizable features from my surroundings reflected in them. We have complex curves, several sharp outward angles and another 90 degree inward angle on the base.

ps. Internally screaming at the typo in the title which I can't change.
    Instagram: @tempocalypse

Perfection
    Follow IWL on instagram! https://instagram.com/iwatchleague

3. Likes tempocalypse liked this post
    Stunning. Thanks for posting mate.
    Wonder how they tighten screws without marking , not a scratch in sight , ace.

5. Likes tempocalypse liked this post
    Quote Originally Posted by Strela167 View Post
    Stunning. Thanks for posting mate.
    Wonder how they tighten screws without marking , not a scratch in sight , ace.
    Thanks! Re-screws a combination of skill and absolutely perfect sharpening of screwdrivers to match the slot I think?

7. Likes Strela167 liked this post
    Wonderful pictures of wonderful craftsmanship. Next time you're in the US, maybe you can bring that camera and lens and we can go to town on my Credor.

No, I'm not sending it to you to photograph.

9. Likes tempocalypse, Cybotron, Strela167 liked this post
    Quote Originally Posted by mlcor View Post
    Wonderful pictures of wonderful craftsmanship. Next time you're in the US, maybe you can bring that camera and lens and we can go to town on my Credor.

No, I'm not sending it to you to photograph.
    Iíll send it right back, promise!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

11. Likes mlcor, Cybotron, Strela167 liked this post
    Savagely Average
    I always wondered what kids that color in the lines do when they grow up. Now I know.

Absolutely stunning

Blog Entries
    Wow. Just stunning. Thank you for those detailed macro photos. The new lens does the new watch justice.
    Too many watches, not enough wrists.

14. Likes tempocalypse liked this post
    Quote Originally Posted by skywatch View Post
    Wow. Just stunning. Thank you for those detailed macro photos. The new lens does the new watch justice.
    It certainly held up to the extreme scrutiny!

Quote Originally Posted by Mediocre View Post
    I always wondered what kids that color in the lines do when they grow up. Now I know.

Absolutely stunning
    Lol!

16. Likes Mediocre liked this post
    Marvellous. I don’t generally pay attention to movement finishing, but I can certainly appreciate it when pictured and described like that.

I seem to remember that Breguet himself didn’t go to great lengths with finishing, but I love the fact that his name is kept before us in ways like this.

18. Likes tempocalypse liked this post