Legitimate Blue Rado Dials?

Name:  Golden Horse Blue Dial.jpg
Views: 78
Size:  128.6 KBName:  Green Horse Blue Dial 1.jpg
Views: 83
Size:  89.9 KBName:  Green Horse Blue Dial 2.jpg
Views: 80
Size:  167.2 KB

I love blue dials and have been running across several recently, but wonder if they are original? I have seen three of the one with the square hour plots. So, guessing that one's legit. But what about the others? How do you know for certain?

2. Likes earl of farnborough, Tim. liked this post
    You don't know for certain. I think that Golden Horse is legit, not so sure on the middle one as I think it's missing the 'T' either side of 'swiss made'(see DS 36). The square markers are correct for sure, I have them on my NGH.

4. Likes Tungsten Timers liked this post
    The legit dials are often not great as the blue Rado used fades very badly. It often goes purplish. It's hard to judge in photos but in real life it is easy to spot if you've ever had the good fortune to have had one. The pigment is never quite right. It's a bit too red and generally too saturated.

I used to have a legitimate blue dialed NCC 505, but moved it along once it started to fade. I am not sure if I have any pictures anymore. I will have a look.
    Solve all your doubts through question mode.

6. Likes Tungsten Timers liked this post
    Here is my old NCC 505

Name:  pb221666_22586061173_o.jpg
Views: 66
Size:  125.4 KB

When I moved it along it was getting purple around all the markers.

I believe this is Tim's.

Name:  20220211_111017.jpg
Views: 64
Size:  198.1 KB
    Solve all your doubts through question mode.

8. Likes Tim., Tungsten Timers liked this post
    Quote Originally Posted by Henry Krinkle View Post

I believe this is Tim's.

Name:  20220211_111017.jpg
Views: 64
Size:  198.1 KB
    I believe you are correct.

10. Likes Tungsten Timers liked this post
    For comparison, I believe this to be legit

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk