Likes Likes:  133
Page 7 of 12 FirstFirst ... 56789 ... LastLast

Thread: If you were to buy a new watch in the next 6 months…

Quote Originally Posted by Raza View Post
    I’ve noticed that about GO, I didn’t know that about Blancpain. Worth a look for sure, even though they cling to that 4:30 date that I hate so much.

I have a GO and a BP. Both purchased preowned for less than half MSRP. The BP is my wife’s, it was from Topper and less than a year old, still under factory warranty. GO was from long time WUS member and was 2 years old, just outside warranty.

2. Likes Mediocre, Raza, Samanator liked this post
    Blog Entries
    Ooh, this is pretty, though.

Read my latest IWL blog entry! An Ode To Rule Breaking

Savagely Average
    Ooh, this is pretty, though.

Yes it is!

5. Likes hayday, Raza liked this post
    Interesting, but either those photos aren’t very good or the sides of that case are just a slight bit mangled. But it’s certainly a possibility overall, but probably not that specific one. Especially as I think I prefer the white dial.
    It is just a reflection. Topper's rates their pre owned very critically so a 93% would be like 98-99% other places.
    Cheers,

Michael

Tell everyone you saw it on IWL!

7. Likes Raza, happyscrappyheropup, Mediocre liked this post
    I'd pay Topper their asking price for that watch before I'd pay $4,000 more elsewhere for 1% better.

Quote Originally Posted by Samanator View Post
    It is just a reflection. Topper's rates their pre owned very critically so a 93% would be like 98-99% other places.

Retired from Fire/Rescue January 2019 with 30 years on the job

9. Likes happyscrappyheropup, Mediocre liked this post
    Quote Originally Posted by happyscrappyheropup View Post
    I'd like to find a pre-owned FC Perpetual Calendar like @Dynamite_Kid19. Also, a Traska Venturer GMT in green.

What is on your radar?
    New color!

https://www.azfinetime.com/frederiqu...eid=14689350e5

Sent from my Pixel 7 Pro using Tapatalk

11. Likes happyscrappyheropup liked this post
    Blog Entries
    In the past week, I’ve almost bought a Black Bay 58 blue or a Seamaster 300 blue about a dozen times. I just can’t bring myself to pull the trigger.

I think the biggest thing that’s holding me back on them is that I haven’t tried on the Tudor yet and the smaller size (paired with a bezel) does worry me a bit and I haven’t actually seen an SM300 in person yet, so I don’t know if the reversed polishing will bother me any less than the PCLs did on the old watch. Then again, the thinner case and new bracelet design surely makes the watch wear better, especially as the bracelet breaks between the lugs instead of past them.

I don’t get myself right now. I’m ready to add something to my collection, I just can’t find what to add, despite so many candidates that are like 95% matches or better.
    Read my latest IWL blog entry! An Ode To Rule Breaking

13. Likes wschofield3 liked this post
    Just buy the tudor mate, it fits great, teeny bit smaller than a sub. And return it if you don't like it.

Have I linked this before? https://youtu.be/AyjkCdtE3mU
    Last edited by geoffbot; Mar 22, 2024 at 12:24 PM.
    Follow IWL on instagram! https://instagram.com/iwatchleague

15. Likes Fantasio, hayday liked this post
    Quote Originally Posted by geoffbot View Post
    Just buy the tudor mate, it fits great, teeny bit smaller than a sub. And return it if you don't like it.

Have I linked this before? https://youtu.be/AyjkCdtE3mU

Money in hand, ready to add a watch to the collection, two watches that have been on the radar a while, and still can't pull the trigger? IMO, that means he hasn't found the right watch.

Quote Originally Posted by happyscrappyheropup View Post
    Money in hand, ready to add a watch to the collection, two watches that have been on the radar a while, and still can't pull the trigger? IMO, that means he hasn't found the right watch.
    OR he's just overthinking it.

18. Likes hayday liked this post