Likes Likes:  31
Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Thread: 6B - H↑S9 - MK2

6B - H↑S9 - MK2

A (very) micro brand from England - love the packaging and if I hadn't exhausted my wife's patience I'd be ordering one - the only thing that slightly concerns me is the Water Resistance of 50m. But still a nice watch :-) http://www.6bwatches.co.uk/#!images/ceeq

2. Likes Der Amf liked this post
    Those are great looking watches!

However, not too sure what makes them unique enough to justify that price point. They just use a standard ETA/Valjoux 7750, and there is nothing extraordinary about the specs.

At £1795 or $2820, there better be something else that makes those watches stand out.

4. Likes DM71 liked this post
    Looking at the site, that's Carl, who has been making the outstanding straps as 'gas gas bones' for years. He's a good one and any project he's involved in is worth watching because he's a decent and seriously talented guy - who loves his watches. Sadly, this particular watch isn't doing it for me, but I'll be interested to see where he goes. He's got an impossibly tough act to follow in Eddie's stuff, but if anyone can come close It's him.

(you can tell I gave the world of watches a rest fro a while, I'm painfully out of the loop!)

6. Likes Seriously liked this post
    For people who dislike clicking on links:

Name:  6b 1.JPG
Views: 204
Size:  40.5 KB

Name:  6b 2.JPG
Views: 244
Size:  42.2 KB

Name:  6b 3.JPG
Views: 245
Size:  58.0 KB

My ethos is simple. To produce high quality military style watches in limited edition series and present them in a well thought out, detailed, unique and attractive way.

6B is proud to support British manufacture and uses only the best components available to me sourced from either the UK or Europe.

My first timepiece, the MK1, was very well received and quickly sold out.

The effort and detail I put into my products is evident, from my gasgasbones goods through to the 6B watches.
    I believe my product stands out from other micro brands due to the quality and attention to detail I insist on before presenting my watches for sale.

Quote Originally Posted by Der Amf View Post
    For people who dislike clicking on links:

Name:  6b 1.JPG
Views: 204
Size:  40.5 KB

Name:  6b 2.JPG
Views: 244
Size:  42.2 KB

Name:  6b 3.JPG
Views: 245
Size:  58.0 KB
    The design is certainly there.

Impressive presentation box as well; though I wonder if the watch would have broader appeal with a reduced price point realized through less...presentation (box, tools, multiple straps). In this case, less may be more. It's clearly gorgeous, incredibly solid on design~many of the major manufacturers could learn something from Carl~and I think that it could stand on its own.

Ah yes, Carl Evans. He hasn't currently got anything that grabs me, but I wish him well.

The watches are not me, but the nylon strap looks pretty good. I've gotten a few of his straps in the past and also the ones that come with Bremont's.
    Cheers,

Michael

Tell everyone you saw it on IWL!

i'm sure the watch is quality made , though not for me personally nor the price , but also find the overuse of the broad arrow ordnance symbol on dial, crown even the buckle is a little annoying - it is not nor will be an 'issued' military piece and panders a little to that very lucrative market of militaria
    also the use of 6B a famous RAF issue identification for several major brands , Omega , Hamilton etc - is there a connection i'm missing on that ?- in some ways this watch dial is more similar to a gen1/2 seiko issued pilot than any vintage 6B issue - just confused a little by it -

13. Likes M. Montaigne liked this post
    Quote Originally Posted by shameless View Post
    i'm sure the watch is quality made , though not for me personally nor the price , but also find the overuse of the broad arrow ordnance symbol on dial, crown even the buckle is a little annoying - it is not nor will be an 'issued' military piece and panders a little to that very lucrative market of militaria
    in some ways this watch dial is more similar to a gen1/2 seiko issued pilot than any vintage 6B issue - just confused a little by it -
    It's a good looking watch, but there is nothing unique about it outside of its aesthetics.

Quote Originally Posted by shameless View Post
    also the use of 6B a famous RAF issue identification for several major brands , Omega , Hamilton etc - is there a connection i'm missing on that ?
    Not sure of where these designers sourced the name from, but RAF's 6th squadron was filled with badass pilots back in the day, led by Louis Strange (who is pretty much the father of modern paratroopers) and Lanoe Hawker (talented engineer and one of the original fighter pilots).

E6B is also the name of the mechanical flight computer that used to be pretty popular (and is probably still used to teach student pilots).

15. Likes KAS118 liked this post