Likes Likes:  128
Page 2 of 13 FirstFirst 123412 ... LastLast

Thread: Sharky's Cafe

Quote Originally Posted by Mediocre View Post
    That is a new issue I never recall reading about before
    yeah norm a double tick is a low battery warning in most watches but yeah just don't get what is causing it as gears seem ok ..battery should be ok all other functions work ..tend to have more issue on watches with a double battery as this one is one for the light one for the watch . pulled the stem and reset it . mess with it... it ticks normal for a while once left after x amount of time it back to twitching.
    sharky
    one of the most original good guys their was never anything but a true friend "the daito to my shoto"
    rest easy good buddy
    https://gofund.me/eb610af1

2. Likes Mediocre liked this post
    so wearing a dw-290 from 1995 I fixed a year or so ago today so after 29 years still going even got a decent light still had a fair few of these that I have fixed and flipped . but this one stayed though a classic g if their ever was one
    Attached Images Attached Images  
    sharky
    one of the most original good guys their was never anything but a true friend "the daito to my shoto"
    rest easy good buddy

4. Likes Mediocre, DJW GB liked this post
    Savagely Average
    Quote Originally Posted by is that my watch View Post
    so wearing a dw-290 from 1995 I fixed a year or so ago today so after 29 years still going even got a decent light still had a fair few of these that I have fixed and flipped . but this one stayed though a classic g if their ever was one
    The display is still crisp!

The display is still crisp!
    yeah minor damage to screen got a slight dink and the rubber used and marked but over all for age it doing great wish the same could be said for me got twenty years on it and feel it

but yeah thats why I love me a Casio
    sharky
    rest easy good buddy

7. Likes Mediocre liked this post
    Savagely Average
    Quote Originally Posted by is that my watch View Post
    yeah minor damage to screen got a slight dink and the rubber used and marked but over all for age it doing great wish the same could be said for me got twenty years on it and feel it

but yeah thats why I love me a Casio
    In the last 20 years I have added some gray. Thankfully, my Casios have not LOL

another one I restored a 1995 dw-9050 .
    sharky
    rest easy good buddy

10. Likes Mediocre, DJW GB liked this post
    another restored one I did a mudman G-9000 .
    sharky
    rest easy good buddy

12. Likes DJW GB liked this post
    Savagely Average
    Any trouble finding parts, or you have a full parts bin already?

Any trouble finding parts, or you have a full parts bin already?
    yes and no ?

when sharky was around I use to buy lots of casio/mixed tat lots (spare repair lots ) so would tend to sooner or later find the parts needed ..

but now got a few that I fixed needing straps and a few I fix needing replacing casing as they all have the same issue the module works fully now (stripped clean parts swapped out) but they have broken lugs so need a case swap.

so at present they will just sit in a tin till not sure when

shame as use to enjoy tinkering and made a bit on it sometime too

but got no way to move the fix on easy got a few that just don't appeal so are sitting in a box doing nowt
    sharky
    rest easy good buddy

15. Likes Mediocre liked this post
    Hello folks!
    It’s been a long time since I last poked my nose in the door. And it’s about time I came back to say hi.

But first things first, RIP Sharky. I was absolutely gutted to hear of his passing and an absolute tragedy him going so young. He was one of the original crew of the MWC days, even though I haven’t checked in for a while I’ll miss not reading his thoughts on the threads.

As for me, well life and circumstances changed a bit for me resulting in me losing interest in watches, to the point I didn’t bother wearing any on a daily basis.
    And of course the years passed…..
    And I lost touch with you guys…

So about a year or so back I started getting a few issues with the my own case and movement….ie blood pressure through the roof and a couple of other eye openers… well as part of the road to recovery I bought a cheap health watch…you know measures heart rate, steps etc (An amazefit neo) cool little thing resembling an old Casio digital I used to have. Mix that with a mate of mine who with the release of the Swatch/omega moon watch got very into watches…which kind of rekindled my love. (I’ve managed to get the blood pressure under control and get myself a bit fitter)

Problem is..I’d sold of most of my better pieces (SKX and Monster had long gone to fund other requirements)
    So naturally I was looking for a new SKX….and nearly wet myself with how much they cost now!!!
    I’ve contented myself with building my own using an aftermarket case, an nh36 movement I had in my spares, the original face, bezel insert and hands from my old skx before I modded it. It looks decent enough but it’s not the real thing.

I’ve dabbled with a couple of other purchases at bargain price, a Briel I got for a song a beater of a Pulsar (which I’m in the process of repairing) and an old Casio.

So in brief that’s me. Hi! it’s nice to be back

17. Likes Mediocre, DJW GB liked this post