Likes Likes:  4

Thread: One of my previous Zeniths

Blog Entries

One of my previous Zeniths

Got a big kick out of this one. Bought it from a good friend. But I was wearing it when a relative had a severe accident right in front of me. Could not wear the watch without thinking of the accident, so I sold it.

The watch had multiple personalities. When the light hit it right, the hands were most visible.

Name:  ZenithHWface.jpg
Views: 40
Size:  46.7 KB

When the lighting changed, the hands would just melt away into the dial color.

Name:  ZenithHWdial.jpg
Views: 39
Size:  107.2 KB

The when it got dark, it came to life.

Name:  ZenithHWglow1.jpg
Views: 42
Size:  43.7 KB

That handwind was a good watch. I hope it served the new owner well. Funny how you can keep some things and not others.

Dan

2. Likes Hayseed Brown, Zenitowa liked this post
    Wow reason to sell !!

Has it got a good backside Dan ?

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Seriously View Post
    Wow reason to sell !!

Has it got a good backside Dan ?
    It does, but I neglected to get a picture of it when I owned it. You see, when Zenith converted it to HW, they removed the auto-winding bridge and replaced the mainspring housing with one from a manual wind. As you could see the three holes where the auto-winding bridge rested on, I never really took the picture.

My bad,

Dan

5. Likes Seriously liked this post
    Quote Originally Posted by Dan R View Post
    Got a big kick out of this one. Bought it from a good friend. But I was wearing it when a relative had a severe accident right in front of me. Could not wear the watch without thinking of the accident, so I sold it.

The watch had multiple personalities. When the light hit it right, the hands were most visible.

Name:  ZenithHWface.jpg
Views: 40
Size:  46.7 KB

When the lighting changed, the hands would just melt away into the dial color.

Name:  ZenithHWdial.jpg
Views: 39
Size:  107.2 KB

The when it got dark, it came to life.

Name:  ZenithHWglow1.jpg
Views: 42
Size:  43.7 KB

That handwind was a good watch. I hope it served the new owner well. Funny how you can keep some things and not others.

Dan
    May I ask the case size ?

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Bwana View Post
    May I ask the case size ?
    I looked in Rossler, but they did not list the case size. Based on my experience, it will be between 37 and 40mm. Without the auto-winding bridge, it is a very thin watch.

Dan

Quote Originally Posted by Dan R View Post
    I looked in Rossler, but they did not list the case size. Based on my experience, it will be between 37 and 40mm. Without the auto-winding bridge, it is a very thin watch.

Dan
    That's perfect, I must start searching for that...of course in a hand wound...love it.

Should be 40mm. I owned the auto version (and posted it in the Zenith I wish I had kept thread ).

10. Likes Dan R liked this post
    I've never seen a hand-wind chrono; ever.