Likes Likes:  45
Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst ... 2345 LastLast

Thread: This is a bad idea, right?

Quote Originally Posted by geoffbot View Post
    Okay, fair, I'm 'old'!
    Au contraire, my good man - I meant not being 'grown up'. Aren't we all still big kids who like their 'toys'?
    Some people have opinions - The rest of us have taste.

2. Likes geoffbot liked this post
    Blog Entries
    Easier than 122610blnr. Or do you mean 122610blnv?

You could just say gmt master 2 blue and black or red and blue, but once learned batman is easier

Similar to Seiko monster, snowflake etc.
    Yeah, I can’t say I’m in love with the nicknames either (though I am shocked that “Diet Pepsi” never stuck for the Black Bay GMT), but when they’re widely enough known, it’s hard to argue with their efficiency.
    Read my latest IWL blog entry! An Ode To Rule Breaking

4. Likes happyscrappyheropup, Kronos liked this post
    Quote Originally Posted by crownpuller View Post
    Au contraire, my good man - I meant not being 'grown up'. Aren't we all still big kids who like their 'toys'?
    Indeed - that's my point too! I am old but I'm not grown up.
    Follow IWL on instagram! https://instagram.com/iwatchleague

6. Likes Henry Krinkle liked this post
    G-Shock & Digital Moderator Kronos's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Raza View Post
    Yeah, I can’t say I’m in love with the nicknames either (though I am shocked that “Diet Pepsi” never stuck for the Black Bay GMT), but when they’re widely enough known, it’s hard to argue with their efficiency.
    "Diet Pepsi" in that context is sort of brilliant.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

8. Likes Raza liked this post
    Quote Originally Posted by tribe125 View Post
    Some of these nicknames are so annoying that my brain refuses to remember them. I can read some threads without knowing what’s being discussed.
    Some ITK chancer knocked out a photoshopped GMT with a black and grey bezel and lots of people are frothing at the idea that there will be a "Bruce Wayne" and I am considering abandoning this hobby.

10. Likes geoffbot, Raza liked this post
    Quote Originally Posted by Samanator View Post
    Nice one on the not easy being green thing.

I guess the Hulk pants color is dependant on what he is wearing that day. I've seen all kinds of colors in a web search. I can't see anyone except the late Prince having many purple pants that they wear.

I'll leave the colorization item to @GaryF.

The current movie suit is nearly all black, but the classic Batman suit from my childhood was black and grey with a yellow belt and a yellow oval around the bat on the chest. Even the Lego version has the yellow elements and is either all black, or black and grey.

More searching shows that black and blue go to superheros Blue Marvel and one called Nightwing. That would make it a Blue Marvel not a Batman given that would be the more recognized black and blue superhero.
    Yeah, Banner just loved a pair of purple slacks in the old days when colour choices were limited in comics. Nowadays there isn't so much need.

Nightwing's costume is indeed black and blue (he is the character that Dick Grayson became when he got too big for the Robin outfit but, more weirdly, Batgirl is mostly seen in costumes of grey, purple and yellow and not, in fact, a regular Batman costume with a jubilee.

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by GaryF View Post
    Yeah, Banner just loved a pair of purple slacks in the old days when colour choices were limited in comics. Nowadays there isn't so much need.

Nightwing's costume is indeed black and blue (he is the character that Dick Grayson became when he got too big for the Robin outfit but, more weirdly, Batgirl is mostly seen in costumes of grey, purple and yellow and not, in fact, a regular Batman costume with a jubilee.
    And further confounding the issue is that I associate Batman with a completely different watch altogether—the Jaeger-LeCoultre Reverso.
    Read my latest IWL blog entry! An Ode To Rule Breaking

13. Likes GaryF liked this post
    Quote Originally Posted by GaryF View Post
    Some ITK chancer knocked out a photoshopped GMT with a black and grey bezel and lots of people are frothing at the idea that there will be a "Bruce Wayne" and I am considering abandoning this hobby.
    Name:  wolverine bckg.jpg
Views: 36
Size:  79.9 KBName:  iron man.jpg
Views: 38
Size:  97.7 KB
    Follow IWL on instagram! https://instagram.com/iwatchleague

15. Likes GaryF liked this post
    Those are both horrible.
    Cheers,

Michael

Tell everyone you saw it on IWL!

Indeed - that's my point too! I am old but I'm not grown up.
    Same here.
    Solve all your doubts through question mode.