Likes Likes:  14
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Gone but not forgotten, post yours

Gone but not forgotten, post yours

This was my first foray into the watch hobby. A Hamilton Khaki Conservation (number 6 hundred and something).

I proudly wore this for a couple years before the itch to get my current watch - The Planet Ocean. I kept the Hamilton for a while, but it didn't get much wrist time after my then, and still ongoing love affair with the Omega. I remember my brother liking this Hamilton very much when I first showed it to him. I decided to give it to him when we got together around Christmas time last year. The strap was quite worn, so he would need to get a new one. I recommended something from Crown and Buckle I think. Every now and then I do miss it, but I'm glad it can be enjoyed by my brother on a more regular basis.

2. Likes JAGtime liked this post
    Blog Entries
    My first automatic, a Daniel JeanRichard Triple Calendar. Served me well for about six years.

Name:  photodjr1.JPG
Views: 147
Size:  119.6 KB

Name:  photodjr2.JPG
Views: 154
Size:  91.4 KB

4. Likes JAGtime liked this post
    Blog Entries
    My first Breitling. The B-2

6. Likes Dienekes, JAGtime liked this post
    Name:  $_12.JPG
Views: 160
Size:  29.5 KB

Was not a big fan of orange, of course until after I flipped it......
    "Either He's Dead, Or My Watch Has Stopped....."
    Groucho Marx

8. Likes JAGtime liked this post
    This was my first big purchase after discovering mechanical watches about 18 months ago. I bought this used from someone else as the model was no longer in production from Steinhart. It's definitely one that people either love or hate and I absolutely loved it. It has some of the most interesting lume I've ever seen and it's just a really great looking watch. Sadly, since it's 44mm and all dial, it just felt too large for me as I gradually learned what I really enjoy wearing so I flipped it as it likely would never have gotten much wrist time any more but I still remember the watch fondly.

10. Likes JAGtime liked this post
    This was my first big purchase, great and accurate movement. Flipped for a smaller manual.

12. Likes JAGtime liked this post
    Still think these are great watches. I just needed to thin the collection out...

G-Shock: GW3000B-1A
    Rolex: Submariner 14060M
    Accurist: 1961 Shockmaster (Gold) & 1965 Shockmaster (Steel)
    Omega: Speedmaster Professional 3570.50.00
    Meistersinger: Perigraph AM1002
    Ben Sherman: S489.OOBS
    Rotary: 1990 Quartz (Gold)
    Steinhart: Ocean GMT 39mm
    Certina: DS Super PH500M & DS PH200M
    Timex: MKI Mechanical

14. Likes JAGtime liked this post
    Blog Entries

Only an Alpha but runs well and it's rather a nice design. My son-in-law liked it and I have lots of watches.

Few things are more delightful than grandchildren fighting over your lap. ~Doug Larson

16. Likes JAGtime, Der Amf liked this post
    Autumn 2013 I got fascinated by multi-function watches that used only one dial. After starting a thread to gather info, I decided the watch for me was a Seiko 6m26. By great luck, one came on the market in Hungary, and I negotiated a By It Now price rather than risk missing out.

When it arrived, I learnt about the existence of integrated bracelets. Hmmph. So I had it sized and tried to get used to wearing a bracelet. No chance. At two London G2Gs the watch went down very well, but it was still getting zero wristtime - in a year I definitely didn't wear it for as much as a day in total - so off it went to a happy and enthusiastic home.

Not only was it a pleasure to play with, but the style was very much my kind of thing. Ahhhh well.

Name:  seiko chrono mine.JPG
Views: 317
Size:  33.9 KB

18. Likes JAGtime liked this post
    Quote Originally Posted by Nokie View Post
    Name:  $_12.JPG
Views: 160
Size:  29.5 KB

Was not a big fan of orange, of course until after I flipped it......
    That's a stunning watch.