Likes Likes:  136
Page 1 of 9 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Batman, Hulk, Kermit…but what would they really wear? (And other characters)

Blog Entries

Batman, Hulk, Kermit…but what would they really wear? (And other characters)

I thought this would be a fun little thread. We all have our opinions on the little nicknames watches get, some positive, some negative, but I thought it would be fun for us to sort of match characters (and they don’t just have to be superheroes, they can be characters from anything you like, really; if you have an idea of what Atticus Finch should be wearing, let me know!).

So, this is what I’m thinking. Name the character, the watch you think they should wear, and why you think it fits them. I’ll start with a couple of examples:

The Flash/Barry Allen:

I think this one is really easy for me. The hard part would be choosing which one of the many special editions and tangential models, but I think the Fastest Man Alive has to be wearing a Speedmaster when he’s off the clock. I think wearing an Omega Speedmaster would the perfect choice for Barry Allen when he’s out of the suit and a subtle little nod to his secret identity. Which exact model is up to debate, sure, but I think he’d go with the classic Speedmaster Professional with a Hesalite crystal.

Batman/Bruce Wayne:
    I’m stealing this one from the movies. Bruce Wayne, in my mind, always wears a Jaeger-LeCoultre Reverso. I’m not super tied to any specific model, but I definitely think it needs to be a Duoface model. You could use the Reverso for a lot of characters that use a secret identity, but since the first Batman movie with Michael Keaton, before there were product placements like in Batman v. Superman, Bruce Wayne quietly wore the dignified Reverso as a hint to his double life.

Moon Knight/Steven Grant/Marc Spector

Now, I never read the comic, so my main familiarity is with the live action MCU show starring the inimitable Oscar Isaac. So, I figured that the human avatar of the Egyptian moon god Khonshu would need to have a moonphase, but the main character Steven Grant isn’t a rich guy, so he probably wouldn’t wear a $20,000+ moonphase in precious metal. So, for me, a reasonably priced moonphase from Longines, the Master Collection 40mm Moonphase is the sub-$3,000 watch for him.

I’ll think of some more later, but I’m really looking forward to hearing from you all. I know I stuck to superheroes for the moment, but that’s because they’re easy.
    Read my latest IWL blog entry! An Ode To Rule Breaking

2. Likes skywatch, wschofield3, Mediocre, breadman3 liked this post
    An easy one:

Although he might have a tough time fitting it on his fin.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

4. Likes Raza, litlmn, Samanator, Mediocre liked this post

Batman, Hulk, Kermit…but what would they really wear? (And other characters)

Whatever watch Popeye wears, it’s on an elastic strap because of what happens to his arms after chugging spinach.

Poseidon/Neptune/King Triton would wear a CW Trident for obvious reasons; probably a GMT so he can keep track of the time in the seven seas.

Last edited by hayday; Mar 24, 2024 at 12:36 PM.
    Once in awhile you get shown the light in the strangest of places if you look at it right.

6. Likes mlcor, Raza liked this post
    Blog Entries
    Well Atticus Finch then... wealthy lawyer in the great depression, solid moral backbone... I would say a Hamilton tank or pocket watch, wouldn't you?

Name:  Hamilton1936.png
Views: 53
Size:  511.1 KB

Name:  Hamiltion-pocket-watch.jpg
Views: 52
Size:  41.0 KB
    Too many watches, not enough wrists.

8. Likes Raza, mlcor, tribe125, Kronos, hayday, breadman3 liked this post
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by skywatch View Post
    Well Atticus Finch then... wealthy lawyer in the great depression, solid moral backbone... I would say a Hamilton tank or pocket watch, wouldn't you?

Name:  Hamilton1936.png
Views: 53
Size:  511.1 KB

Name:  Hamiltion-pocket-watch.jpg
Views: 52
Size:  41.0 KB
    Ooh, both great choices!

10. Likes skywatch liked this post
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by hayday View Post
    Whatever watch Popeye wears, it’s on an elastic strap because of what happens to his arms after chugging spinach.

Poseidon/Neptune/King Triton would wear a CW Trident for obvious reasons; probably a GMT so he can keep track of the time in the seven seas.

Maybe Popeye would wear a G-Shock Frogman with a diver’s extension? Do you think that would work?

12. Likes hayday liked this post
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by mlcor View Post
    An easy one:

Although he might have a tough time fitting it on his fin.

Oh, the irony. I love it!

14. Likes mlcor, Samanator liked this post
    Perhaps the easiest one of all -

Name:  Screen Shot 2024-03-24 at 12.25.59 PM.jpg
Views: 51
Size:  43.2 KBName:  Screen Shot 2024-03-24 at 12.26.36 PM.jpg
Views: 57
Size:  81.0 KB

16. Likes Raza, hayday, Mediocre, breadman3 liked this post
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by wschofield3 View Post

Which character is that? My mind went straight to Dangerboat, but Dangerboat is famously, well, a boat and not a submarine.

Quote Originally Posted by wschofield3 View Post

Although if it were a specific, famous submarine, the choice is even more obvious.

19. Likes Mediocre, wschofield3 liked this post