Likes Likes:  17
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Is Davide Cerrato still secretly working for Tudor...?

Quote Originally Posted by GaryF View Post
    .... because he just murdered Bremont.

https://www.bremont.com/pages/bremon...s?currency=gbp
    Aw man! Jimmy chin, a personal hero of mine, is clearly an ambassador on that page. Curses.
    Follow IWL on instagram! https://instagram.com/iwatchleague

I was a fan of the English brothers' efforts, and from personal experience, they were all-around nice guys(they actually sent me an email when I was in the hospital after my Heart surgery). I think their statement about the LJP-engineered movement caused the industry to define the various levels of movements built by the brands (Right after the Tag Seiko ordeal, which Hodinkee made worse than it really was). Other industries share patents and technology; we would not have any software if it were not common to buy things from other companies and use open source. It doesn't make those products any less using this common practice in almost every industry. Yes, they got a little egg on their face, but I think forums, mostly Hodinkee, made it sound like a holy war or something devious when it was not.

I did not like most of the artifact's watches Bremont did, but I felt the standard lines were solid pieces. They had the best customer service in the industry, which is something most other brands mess up badly. They also did AR better than anyone, as demonstrated by their US brand spokesmen. From around 2010 -2015, Mike was like a rock star at watch events in the US. I also like what the MB line stands for, and the only reason I have any respect for Jimmy Fallon is for buying the watch MB 3 for his father-in-law at the NY boutique.

I don't know if I would buy these new models, but I don't see them as that horrible. I like the bullet bracelet look on the diver bracelet, but the rest of the watch is too much Tag to me. The chiseled case looks nice, but I would like a better dial with applied markers. I would be interested in knowing if these have the co-developed movement they manufacture.

Now the new Logo sucks, and the older one was 1000 times better. These are also a bit too shiney and less industrial compared to the older models. I would agree that the new CEO has hurt more than he helped the brand.
    Last edited by Samanator; Apr 15, 2024 at 09:42 PM.
    Cheers,

Michael

Tell everyone you saw it on IWL!

^^^

Regarding the movement, I have read that it’s a Sellita. It might be modified, but I’m not sure that precise information is available.

The new designs seem extraordinarily derivative, IMO. They kind of seem like what you would expect a poorly trained AI model to spit out.
    Omega Aqua Terra 8500 | Sinn 356 Klassik | Sinn 856S UTC | Sinn 1746 Klassik | Sinn 6096 Finanzplatzuhren
    Instagram: @_radharc_

5. Likes Mediocre, happyscrappyheropup liked this post
    Time will tell how these new designs will hold up. Judging by the Bremont forums and social media accounts it doesn't look good. I expect will be seeing a lot of these models on the grey market. I could be wrong and they may look better in person but I don't think that's the case.
    Cheers,

Richard