Thread: WRUW Tuesday 23rd. April

Quote Originally Posted by happyscrappyheropup View Post
    Snow on April 23 seems wrong @Fantasio.

Obviously the new arrival.

Looking good mate.
    A strap swop should really bring it to life , ace

2. Likes happyscrappyheropup liked this post
    Quote Originally Posted by is that my watch View Post
    oh just had a vintage pan case I was using for a self build and found them trouble some but maybe it was just THAT case and not all. it seem lose and wobble and just wrong ...

was hoping to get a vintage pan been saving for a while but now spending the money on a stair lift so my dad can get upstairs after coming out of hospital last week after being in for three weeks ... (not been a great five weeks if honest - still not great as he has very low mobility at the moment so bed down stairs and I am kipping on the sofa so can be their when needed for toilet runs etc- getting a couple of hours sleep at most most nights )
    Eesh sorry mate Glad you're there for him.
    Follow IWL on instagram! https://instagram.com/iwatchleague

4. Likes gnuyork liked this post
    oh just had a vintage pan case I was using for a self build and found them trouble some but maybe it was just THAT case and not all. it seem lose and wobble and just wrong ...

was hoping to get a vintage pan been saving for a while but now spending the money on a stair lift so my dad can get upstairs after coming out of hospital last week after being in for three weeks ... (not been a great five weeks if honest - still not great as he has very low mobility at the moment so bed down stairs and I am kipping on the sofa so can be their when needed for toilet runs etc- getting a couple of hours sleep at most most nights )

My sympathies - I know what all that entails. I was a bit needy myself when I came home from hospital after breaking my hip. Bed downstairs - and a few indignities I won’t go into…

These have pretty tight tolerances, as well as o rings on each side. Pretty tight fit. Were there o rings on the vintage case/lugs?

That's a tough situation, sorry you're going through it.

Hey @gnuyork, I didn't remember you're located in GA. Last week I was on a business trip in Fairburn, stayed nights in Peachtree City.

Wonder if they're even remotely near your neighborhood?

Well, you live in GA and don't have to deal with it, so you get a pass.

Yeah, I remember you telling that in our first Zoom. The surprising thing was that all the snow in pics came down in just a couple of hours, yesterday we had none.

Any Baltic or European gigs in foreseeable future? Songkick said that "RR has no upcoming concerts in your area".

Quote Originally Posted by skywatch View Post
    I have a vivid memory of performing on an outdoor stage in Riga Latvia in August with freezing rain and 2ºC temperature, so something about April blizzards in Finland don't seem too surprising.

9. Likes skywatch liked this post
    Quote Originally Posted by geoffbot View Post
    Eesh sorry mate Glad you're there for him.
    yeah been doing it about 13 years slow build up to more care now ...

Quote Originally Posted by tribe125 View Post
    My sympathies - I know what all that entails. I was a bit needy myself when I came home from hospital after breaking my hip. Bed downstairs - and a few indignities I won’t go into…
    yes worse for him then me as trained so all in a days work so to speak you get use to it ..but for him not great (know I would not like it in anyway )

These have pretty tight tolerances, as well as o rings on each side. Pretty tight fit. Were there o rings on the vintage case/lugs?

That's a tough situation, sorry you're going through it.
    o-rings hmmm did not see any just the bit of the lug going in was flatten out from memory it was a few years ago now....

yeah not great but needs doing so being done
    sharky
    one of the most original good guys their was never anything but a true friend "the daito to my shoto"
    rest easy good buddy
    https://gofund.me/eb610af1

Quote Originally Posted by Fantasio View Post
    Come on, this is ridiculous!

We’re almost in May and still shitloads of snow. Had to put wife’s car from ”hold” back into insurance, since it still had winter tyres on.

Didn’t help, since only road to work was blocked, cause an accident due to someone jamming a trailer in a steep hill.

For a while I waited in a cafe along the route for the situation to clear. Now just turned back to work remotely for the rest of the day.
    Stays pretty chilly at Latitude 60 North, I gather?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

G-Shock & Digital Moderator Kronos's Avatar
    Blog Entries

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Fantasio View Post
    Any Baltic or European gigs in foreseeable future? Songkick said that "RR has no upcoming concerts in your area".
    Alas @Fantasio, no concerts at all planned after the end of May. May 29,30,31 in Tucson AZ. My last gig in Europe was 2019 in Gdansk for the 30th anniversary of the new Polish constitution.
    Too many watches, not enough wrists.