Likes Likes:  185
Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst ... 3456 LastLast

Thread: WRUW Tuesday 23rd. April

Quote Originally Posted by is that my watch View Post
    yes worse for him then me as trained so all in a days work so to speak you get use to it ..

Well, I’m trained, but not to be on the receiving end…

Quote Originally Posted by skywatch View Post
    Alas @Fantasio, no concerts at all planned after the end of May. May 29,30,31 in Tucson AZ. My last gig in Europe was 2019 in Gdansk for the 30th anniversary of the new Polish constitution.

Ooh, that’s made me wince a little, considering the government in power at the time…

3. Likes skywatch liked this post
    Coast - Pacific Explorer

Name:  Coast 2.jpg
Views: 37
Size:  262.6 KB

WRUW Tuesday 23rd. April

I would say we have quite a broad range with distinctive seasons, extremes going from -30C to +30C. Summers normally around 15 to 25 and winters -10 to 0.

Living on coast moderates a bit, as sea has some temperature buffer effect. I like it though, not much hurricanes, earthquakes, floods or drought. We’re boring in that way.

Still going with two user names?

Quote Originally Posted by Sonork View Post
    Stays pretty chilly at Latitude 60 North, I gather?

Quote Originally Posted by WWII70 View Post
    We’ve had snow in mid-May here in Buffalo
    Why did I not know you live in Buffalo? I grew up in Rochester, so, um, yeah...snow. I shoveled the driveway before more than one trick-or-treating (which, for the non-Americans, is when kids dress up in costumes to go door-to-door begging for candy and adults dress up as a slutty-something [pirate, doctor, nurse, airline pilot, veterernarian, trash collector] to get sloshed), which is on October 31, and Easter (which is when we worship an imaginary bunny who brings us candy).
    Once in awhile you get shown the light in the strangest of places if you look at it right.

G-Shock & Digital Moderator Kronos's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Fantasio View Post
    I would say we have quite a broad range with distinctive seasons, extremes going from -30C to +30C. Summers normally around 15 to 25 and winters -10 to 0.

Living on coast moderates a bit, as sea has some temperature buffer effect. I like it though, not much hurricanes, earthquakes, floods or drought. We’re boring in that way.

Still going with two user names?
    Not on purpose.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

9. Likes Fantasio liked this post
    G-Shock & Digital Moderator Kronos's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by hayday View Post
    Why did I not know you live in Buffalo? I grew up in Rochester, so, um, yeah...snow. I shoveled the driveway before more than one trick-or-treating (which, for the non-Americans, is when kids dress up in costumes to go door-to-door begging for candy and adults dress up as a slutty-something [pirate, doctor, nurse, airline pilot, veterernarian, trash collector] to get sloshed), which is on October 31, and Easter (which is when we worship an imaginary bunny who brings us candy).
    Do they not do Halloween in Europe? At least in the UK? I would have thought we inherited these traditions from the Brits.

It was always here but never celebrated with the same enthusiasm as in the US. It's becoming huge in Italy, though.

12. Likes Kronos liked this post
    Quote Originally Posted by Kronos View Post
    Do they not do Halloween in Europe? At least in the UK? I would have thought we inherited these traditions from the Brits.

well we once celebrated Samhain (dark half ) one of four Gaelic festival (Samhain,( Sauin or Oíche Shamhna,) Beltane, Imbolg, and Lughnasadh.
    they believed on 1st of November
    It was believed that on that day, the souls of the dead returned to their homes, so people dressed in costumes and lit bonfires to ward of sprits.

but it a mix of traditions really as
    In the eighth century, Pope Gregory III designated November 1 as a time to honor saints. Soon after, All Saints Day came to incorporate some of the traditions of Samhain. The evening before all saints day was known as all hallows eve and later as ,Halloween.
    sharky
    one of the most original good guys their was never anything but a true friend "the daito to my shoto"
    rest easy good buddy
    https://gofund.me/eb610af1

14. Likes Kronos liked this post