Likes Likes:  8
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: New shoes for Nomos Club

Hybrid View

New shoes for Nomos Club

Inspired by Brad (or was it Der Amf?) who had an orange rubber strap on his Nomos homage in the summer, I thought I'd try my newly arrived Hirsch Pure strap on my Club. Given the sportiness of the watch and the simplicity of the strap I think it works rather well. It's also very comfortable.
    The strap, by the way, is lovely. I balked at paying £35 for a rubber strap but this feels worth it. Between the Club and my Seamaster I can see it getting a lot of use.

PS is balked a word? I thought it was but Chrome disagrees....

2. Likes Der Amf, JAGtime, geoffbot liked this post
    Ahem

Name:  rod or 1.JPG
Views: 114
Size:  26.1 KB

It was this combination which made me realise how absurdly high the lugs are on this watch*

*I refuse to be the first person to use the R word on this forum

4. Likes JAGtime liked this post
    Quote Originally Posted by Der Amf View Post
    Ahem

Name:  rod or 1.JPG
Views: 114
Size:  26.1 KB

It was this combination which made me realise how absurdly high the lugs are on this watch*

*I refuse to be the first person to use the R word on this forum
    Aha, apologies.

Quote Originally Posted by whatmeworry View Post
    Aha, apologies.
    I had thought that transluscent would be cool, but I had counted on how crap they make the spring bars look. My advice: go chunkier and opaque

Quote Originally Posted by Der Amf View Post
    I had thought that transluscent would be cool, but I had counted on how crap they make the spring bars look. My advice: go chunkier and opaque
    Yes, it's an interesting combination but maybe not perfect. Blue might work well, to match the hands

Yes, it's an interesting combination but maybe not perfect. Blue might work well, to match the hands
    Yeah the orange suddenly made the blue leap out. Still, it was a quick purchase made when the summer suddenly got unpleasantly sticky and I was tiring of ruining all my nice new straps. Also, straps are forever trial and error, always surprised when I get it right first time.

That's a point, have we a strap forum yet? Always found a cheeky little thread on f222 helped me decide between 2 or 3 (and no, I can't just pop back....)

9. Likes josh liked this post
    Here's another Nomos enjoying life after being freed from its Horrorween strap

Name:  nommm.JPG
Views: 136
Size:  41.7 KB
    Last edited by Der Amf; Nov 26, 2014 at 01:50 PM. Reason: oops forgot photo

11. Likes JAGtime liked this post
    PS is balked a word? I thought it was but Chrome disagrees....
    Chrome is wrong.

Quote Originally Posted by Henry Krinkle View Post
    Chrome is wrong.
    Well that's a relief.

Nice watch, by the way.