Likes Likes:  9
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Wall clocks

Hybrid View

Wall clocks

A thought occurred to me............you like this sorta watch, ...... that sorta watch , ......... any sorta watch

Sooooooo............What sorta wall clock does that translate into i.e. which do you like/prefer/use ? (I'm mainly talking style of the dial)
    Plenty of examples here:http://www.google.co.uk/search?q=wal...g&ved=0CAUQ_AU

I like this sorta:
    Name:  5752.jpg
Views: 110
Size:  59.5 KB
    Radio controlled preferably, and white dial as shown preferably, with that sorta font

I use this while in kitchen, it's winding key controlled you know.

3. Likes Bwana, josh, Ryan, popoki nui liked this post
    Name:  AM_MAXBILL_WALLCLOCK.jpg
Views: 141
Size:  35.6 KB

Really like this one - Max Bill, quite pricey though.

5. Likes Bwana, josh liked this post
    Ahhh sugar , I like both of them too now !!

but not far off the example of the ones I like I picked at random.

Interesting they're both Junghans, but they're not exactly known for shit designs lol

I'm perhaps trying to find out what you go for at the cheaper end of the spectrum ... although maybe I'm not? not sure now

Blog Entries

I like this one a lot. It has a Whittington chime which I find quite appealing.

Few things are more delightful than grandchildren fighting over your lap. ~Doug Larson

Quote Originally Posted by RayMac View Post

I like this one a lot. It has a Whittington chime which I find quite appealing.
    My parents have a couple of those, and my father is fond of saying that they are all older than I am.

I was in my local clock shop today, they had a wall clock similar to the clock in the first post, plus it had smooth sweep seconds hand. Was so close to buying it - like a wall based spring drive!

Old Fogey Support Team chrono555's Avatar
    At the car, just fetching your zimmer frame.
    This is ours, but it came with a seriously loud tick which echoes in a large kitchen, which Management didn't like. So I bought a different design by the same manufacturer but with a sweep hand, and swapped the movement and hands over.

11. Likes Bwana liked this post
    I found myself working under the shadow of this one recently

smooth sweep sounds good too , wonder if someone does smooth sweep radio controlled with a white dial .............

If you hadn't noticed I'm in the market for one cos my RC one has decided to wear out internally, it's keeps sticking at 1/4 to 3, and it's not the hands catching ... and well it is ten years old
    Last edited by Seriously; Nov 26, 2014 at 07:43 PM.