Likes Likes:  534
Page 8 of 8 FirstFirst ... 678

Thread: ««««««««« WRUW - Sunday - 22 November 2015 »»»»»»»»»

1915 Ball-Hamilton 999P (second try)

I composed a post...and thought I posted it. But, I can't find it. I'm too lazy to reconstruct it - here are the pictures:

Name:  BallHamiltonB603619Movement22Nov2015.jpg
Views: 83
Size:  153.0 KBName:  BallHamiltonB603619_22Nov2015.jpg
Views: 43
Size:  80.1 KB
    La lutte elle-même vers les sommets suffit à remplir un cœur d'homme; il faut imaginer Sisyphe heureux.

195? Stowa Parat

My "around the house beater" for the week. A cute (31mm) little Stowa Parat. 17j, anti-shock, central seconds, date@3, gold applied indices and hands, 16mm very worn strap.

This is the kind of watch that makes me grateful for my puny 6.25" left wrist. Although I *did* have to add a hole to the strap (almost 2 times the normal spacing) to make it fit. I can't imagine what this would look like on the wrist of someone who used the entire length of the strap!

I will say that the lack of any sort of quick-set (or even not-too-tedious-set) date is a bit of a pain. I'm also not a fan of the white date wheel under the dark dial.

All the pieces are a bit small, worn, and/or dated - but they all fit together to make a pleasing whole. And, the price was right. I think I like it.

Name:  StowaParat22Nov2015.jpg
Views: 73
Size:  66.9 KB
    La lutte elle-même vers les sommets suffit à remplir un cœur d'homme; il faut imaginer Sisyphe heureux.