Likes Likes:  14
Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Thread: **** Fake Chinese Vostoks how to spot them ****

**** Fake Chinese Vostoks how to spot them ****

Name:  image.jpg
Views: 867
Size:  39.7 KB
    well I have saw them around a couple of times and was talking with oh'd over hot chocolate and cake about them and was saying there seem to be more about mixed in to job-lots and on there own for sale.

well I bought a job-lot and think when that turns up there might be a couple in it from the blurry pics I bought from (who does not like to have a punt on a blurry pics lot on the bay )

so any way a friend has sent me one so I could have a look so I have stripped it down to it's part's

well the case is very cheap made with no screw down crown has a hole under the bezel so a wire can be hooked on to the bezel then when it is fitted the bezel clicks when turned. where with a real one they don't click.

the crystal is the same I would say.

the bezel is very cheaply made and is starting to hole where the metal has rubbed.

the dial was taped on to the movement and was spray painted and the numbers add after and was missing paint around the edge and had been touched up around the edge too.

the movement was not working so could not check for time keeping or any thing but the date moved back and forwards on the crown instead of the old 8-1 time setting. the hands are wrong on them.

so dial has none lum numbers printed on the lume spot are just dots
    the case is cheap metal the bezels is cheaply made so I would avoid as you can get a real 80's one for a tenner in same condition.

have done the pics next to a really 80's vostok beat up and paid about the same for think with postage and every thing for £15 .

I have done the pic's real vostok first then fake so that runs through the whole set of pics except the last few just close ups of the fake.
Views: 878
Size:  58.8 KB
Views: 856
Size:  49.4 KB
Views: 916
Size:  45.2 KB
Views: 826
Size:  47.4 KB
Views: 826
Size:  43.9 KB
Views: 841
Size:  37.5 KB
Views: 848
Size:  39.8 KB
Views: 849
Size:  31.7 KB
Views: 840
Size:  42.8 KB

Hope this will be a help to you guys when looking for old Vostoks.

As always Ismy

p.s

the one's in the job-lot turn out to be the same even to the point of taped on dials so no point in doing them pics only difference I had notice one had tried to do a screw back well they had the clefs in the back plate but still no ring and still pop back that's is one ofthe things to look out for a pop back.
    Last edited by is that my watch; Nov 22, 2015 at 12:30 PM. Reason: text missing :)
    sharky
    one of the most original good guys their was never anything but a true friend "the daito to my shoto"
    rest easy good buddy
    https://gofund.me/eb610af1

3. Likes is that my watch liked this post
    thanks been meaning to do it for awhile just did not seem to have the time so I did today so why not indeed
    sharky
    one of the most original good guys their was never anything but a true friend "the daito to my shoto"
    rest easy good buddy

Good write up.

Hopefully this will help people when looking at vostoks on ebay

Sent from my D6603 using Tapatalk
    Check you my youtube channel - Blanchy Talks Watches

6. Likes is that my watch liked this post
    Quote Originally Posted by Blanchy View Post
    Good write up.

Hopefully this will help people when looking at vostoks on ebay

Sent from my D6603 using Tapatalk
    well only could do the first one as you sent it me two end up in the job-lot but it's your one that I stripped and photography
    sharky
    rest easy good buddy

8. Likes Blanchy liked this post
    Always amazed as to why. Must be money in it. The cartoon tank though

Quote Originally Posted by Strela167 View Post
    Always amazed as to why. Must be money in it. The cartoon tank though
    took it to be a sub but could be either I did not understand it I mean it must be brand new but they have gone to the trouble to acid burn ( or something )to make it to look like it is old surely the time and what not to do would make it a waste of time on selling as no one is going to pay a lot for an old Russian ?
    Last edited by is that my watch; Nov 22, 2015 at 09:00 PM.
    sharky
    rest easy good buddy

Quote Originally Posted by is that my watch View Post
    took it to be a sub but could be either I did not understand it I mean it must be brand new but they have gone to the trouble to acid burn ( or something )to make it to look like it is old surely the time and what not to do would make it a waste of time on selling as know one is going to pay a lot for and old Russian ?
    ?

The green tank is a collectors piece afaik, new are black.

There was a frog cruise missile one too

12. Likes is that my watch liked this post
    cool took it to be a take on the kurst one. but that might make more sense

spelling not great when multi tasking
    sharky
    rest easy good buddy