Likes Likes:  4
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Vibration Watches

G-Shock & Digital Moderator Kronos's Avatar
    Blog Entries

Vibration Watches

I am finding these watches are getting more wrist time lately. I find the vibration function useful enough that I find myself wondering why they are not more ubiquitous.

One drawback is the relatively limited number of reminders that can be programmed into a standard digital watch. FitBits and other activity trackers offer more options but I keep wondering if there might not be a solution for those who don't want to yield that much wrist real estate to a tracker.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Smart watches often use rechargeable batteries that already get as little as a few days on a charge. Vibration takes a ton of power.

"He's just a witness"

Blog Entries
    The Casio W-735H can be had in United States for less than $25.

The vibration function can be toggled on and off from the mean time keeping mode. When toggled on, the watch's alarm, countdown timer and hourly signal all cause the watch to vibrate rather than to beep.

The original resin strap is not one of the strong points of this model. I put this one on a NATO and find it far more comfortable that way.

The vibration function is reasonably strong, considering that this is not a rechargeable model. It operates on an internal battery.

Timex has had several Expedition models with a vibration function. Opinions vary about the relative strength of the vibration from those models, the W-735H and the G-Shock GD-350.

The Timexes can be set to beep, vibrate or both. The combination is a nice option to have. On the other hand, the hourly time signal on the Timex models cannot be set to vibration mode. It will always beep -- which strikes me as an odd design choice.

A shot of Sedi's GD-350 grabbed off the internet (I found his faster than I found mine!).

Name:  ImageUploadedByTapatalk1417122169.521739.jpg
Views: 263
Size:  160.8 KB

Timex Expeditions.

Name:  ImageUploadedByTapatalk1417122341.600119.jpg
Views: 243
Size:  42.1 KB

4. Likes Rob, OTGabe liked this post
    Blog Entries
    I am finding I really like the vibrating hourly signal.

6. Likes OTGabe liked this post
    My fitbit has a nice strong vibration alarm. Alarms are set through my connected phone.

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Jeff_C View Post
    My fitbit has a nice strong vibration alarm. Alarms are set through my connected phone.
    Yep. I lost Flex and just replaced it with one of the newer models. Have not set it up yet. Looking forward to getting back into the swing with my FitBit.

I love the practicality of an hourly alarm, but actually using one seems very nerdy somehow. A vibrating alarm is a great way round this. Here's mine

10. Likes OTGabe liked this post
    Not sure how you lost your FB... but here is a tip. A small silicone gasket can be used to further secure the strap. No catching the tab and accidentally popping the strap off.

It's saved my girlfriends FB twice!

I can post the size if needed.

Blog Entries
    That is likely what happened. Yeah size info would be great.