Likes Likes:  25
Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Relaxed SOTC

Quote Originally Posted by geoffbot View Post
    Ooh you sold a spork? I hope you made a few quid back!
    No Spork... do you mean the Blue Spark? I got back what I paid for it. Sold it on the same forum I bought it from so seemed wrong to profiteer

2. Likes Der Amf liked this post
    How many watches have you sold? I've sold two, and given away two.

Quote Originally Posted by whatmeworry View Post
    No Spork... do you mean the Blue Spark? I got back what I paid for it. Sold it on the same forum I bought it from so seemed wrong to profiteer
    Sorry - yes. They're very sort after, that's all.
    Follow IWL on instagram! https://instagram.com/iwatchleague

Quote Originally Posted by Der Amf View Post
    How many watches have you sold? I've sold two, and given away two.
    In total? Dozens. More than 50 I'd say

That's a lot of visits to the post office. They must know you quite well in there by now

While I admire your commitment to the cheap Shanghai, am wondering if you've ever fancied a Beijing?

Quote Originally Posted by geoffbot View Post
    Sorry - yes. They're very sort after, that's all.
    Yeah, I did have someone in the far east who wanted to buy it and would have paid more but he was a bit weird

Quote Originally Posted by Der Amf View Post
    That's a lot of visits to the post office. They must know you quite well in there by now

While I admire your commitment to the cheap Shanghai, am wondering if you've ever fancied a Beijing?
    Yes, Raj and Linda know me quite well.
    A Beijing is definitely on my list....it's quite a long list though

9. Likes Der Amf liked this post
    Next up is the Seiko SARB017, a watch I've had a long standing love affair with. I bought one second hand about a year or so after getting into watches, liked it so much I bought a SARB015 as well, combined the bracelet from the 15 with the 17 and liked that combo even more, sold the 15 (stupidly with the bracelet), bought a Rolex Explorer and decided the Alpinist was too similar, sold the Alpinist, missed the Alpinist, bought it back about a year later from the guy I sold it to, tried the WJean oyster bracelet on it and found it wasn't quite as good as the Seiko one, sold it again, missed it again, bought a new one from Seiya with bracelet a couple of months ago. Love it.

First time

Second time (on WJean)

Third time (today)
    Last edited by whatmeworry; Nov 28, 2014 at 06:12 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by whatmeworry View Post
    Who makes that gray NATO on your bottom watch?

Quote Originally Posted by gnuyork View Post
    Who makes that gray NATO on your bottom watch?
    I think it was the one that came with my CWC G10, so I imagine you could get one from Silvermans. Not 100% sure though, I've had it for ages