Likes Likes:  79
Page 2 of 8 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: Dilemma! I'm totally lost. Thoughts, please?

Very interesting...

Many people seem to agree that the lollipop hand is correct, and that a Mercedes hand could be a replacement. But I'm happy to learn otherwise.

Here's another article noting different hands: http://tudorcollectorsite.blogspot.c...del-76100.html

Regardless, he's still asking too much, especially since the watch has been refinished. Hopefully to a high standard, though.

Edit: Here's some discussion on WUS about the hand sets: http://forums.watchuseek.com/f23/tud...n-1749634.html

Seems it's true! The real question is, what is the serial on your watch? Should it have a lollipop hand or mercedes hand?
    Last edited by Imitation of Life; Nov 26, 2015 at 03:13 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by KennethRSloan View Post
    Do you *want* any of the offered watches? Are they worth (to you) your current watch PLUS the extra case? If so...go for it.
    Yep! I've been lusting after a 1970's -80'sTudor Sub for a long time. Originally a blue Sub, but now that I have a blue Ranger II, a black Sub is perfect.

If not...separate the transactions. What (in CASH) can you get for your watch (I'm guessing NOT the amount quoted)?
    Best I can get is around $3500CAD, and I saw one on a Canadian forum a few months ago sell for $2950. So getting $4000CAD trade value seems pretty good.

do the offered watches cost (as a straight CASH transaction?
    The watches cost exactly the same. Straight cash, or trade + cash, no difference.

is a wonderful thing - it's the universal unit of value. He offers a given amount - towards a trade. Is he willing to just pay that IN CASH, without a trade? If not, perhaps that number is...fantasy?
    No idea. I haven't asked if he would buy my watch outright for cash. Seems like an extra unnecessary step, though: me selling him the watch, then giving the money right back to him plus a little more for the watch of his I want to buy. Or did I miss something.....
    Eterna | Tudor | Seiko | Casio | G-Shock | Orient | Swatch | Mondaine | Zodiac (pre-Fossil) | Rolex | Wenger | Pulsar Time Computer | Omega | Timex | Bucherer | Citizen | Bulova | Glycine

Blog Entries
    If the Tudor Sub is the one that speaks to you the most and you can afford it, then what's too much?

(Easier said with other people's money, I admit)
    Read my latest IWL blog entry! An Ode To Rule Breaking

Explorer for me. But think carefully, I feel if you sold your watch yourself you could buy an explorer with no extra money.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by Imitation of Life View Post
    Very interesting...

Many people seem to agree that the lollipop hand is correct, and that a Mercedes hand could be a replacement. But I'm happy to learn otherwise.

Here's another article noting different hands: http://tudorcollectorsite.blogspot.c...del-76100.html

Regardless, he's still asking too much, especially since the watch has been refinished. Hopefully to a high standard, though.

Edit: Here's some discussion on WUS about the hand sets: http://forums.watchuseek.com/f23/tud...n-1749634.html

Seems it's true! The real question is, what is the serial on your watch? Should it have a lollipop hand or mercedes hand?
    I just looked at the SN. Is there a decent SN lookup reference site I can check it?
    Eterna | Tudor | Seiko | Casio | G-Shock | Orient | Swatch | Mondaine | Zodiac (pre-Fossil) | Rolex | Wenger | Pulsar Time Computer | Omega | Timex | Bucherer | Citizen | Bulova | Glycine

Quote Originally Posted by popoki nui View Post
    I just looked at the SN. Is there a decent SN lookup reference site I can check it?
    http://www.rolexforums.com/showthread.php?t=52882

So it sounds like later 76100s feature the mercedes hand.

Quote Originally Posted by Raza View Post
    If the Tudor Sub is the one that speaks to you the most and you can afford it, then what's too much?
    (Easier said with other people's money, I admit)
    And therein lies the complicating issue: emotions. So far we're just kicking this around on a financial level. Vintage watches speak louder to me than contemporary watches, and Subs speak very loud, indeed. I love the classic Submariner look (Tudor or Rolex). I"ve always like Tudor over Rolex; Tudor is the "fun" brand with their freedom to put out more creative designs than the Mothership did. And I like the lower servicing costs of the ETA movement vs the Rolex movement. Not saying this is a done deal, but clearly the Tudor Sub speaks to me loudest.

Quote Originally Posted by Faiz View Post
    Explorer for me. But think carefully, I feel if you sold your watch yourself you could buy an explorer with no extra money.
    I wish! Realistically, I might get $3500CAD for my THCB, and I haven't ever seen an Explorer here for anything close to that. I'd sure like to, though!

Quote Originally Posted by popoki nui View Post
    I wish! Realistically, I might get $3500CAD for my THCB, and I haven't ever seen an Explorer here for anything close to that. I'd sure like to, though!
    In that case go for it!
    Btw it seems even here in Uganda your new Prime Minister is a hit!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Do you have any pictures of the Tudor Sub and the Rolex Explorer?

It sounds to me like you really want the Tudor Sub. It is a watch you have been looking for for a while. And this one sounds to be in great condition from a seller that you know. If the crystal would have to be replaced, would that cost be in the same ball park as what you would save in reduced servicing costs for the Tudor vs. the Explorer? The right solution for you will become apparent. Seems like a great dilemma to have!

Jane
    Last edited by JAGtime; Nov 26, 2015 at 04:37 AM.

10. Likes Der Amf, is that my watch, BillyR___ liked this post
    Quote Originally Posted by Imitation of Life View Post
    http://www.rolexforums.com/showthread.php?t=52882

So it sounds like later 76100s feature the mercedes hand.
    Hmmm. Mine is 65XXX. Mid-1984~ish.