Likes Likes:  179
Page 1 of 10 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Whatmeworry's 8888th post Russian Roulette giveaway!

Whatmeworry's 8888th post Russian Roulette giveaway!

Given that I've now inflicted almost 9000 posts on you poor people I figured it was time I gave something back.

What we have up for grabs here is a really excellent watch, the Orient M-Force diver. I won this in a giveaway Samanator did some time back, and while I love it, it's just too big for me so I'm gong to set it free. It has a handwinding, hacking Orient movement, sapphire crystal and a great, distinctive look.
    Dimension wise it's 46mm x 13.5mm, with a lug to lug of 51mm and 23mm lug width. It comes boxed with all the spare links.

All you have to do to stand a chance of winning it is post in this thread saying you want it.

There's a twist though! There are 5 other watches up for grabs. Watches that are.... Less appealing.

In no particular order they are:

An orange dialled mechanical that's spent some time in Mumbai
    A horrific ana digi thing
    The
    mighty plumbing supplies quality Zeiger!
    The Ye Ping (I think that's what it says) that won (I think) the £4 challenge
    The shiny vintage Timex I bought for the £20 challenge.

The Mumbai special, Timex and Zeiger are all strapless so the winners of those will have to provide their own strap.

Two weeks from today (so the 13th December) I will use some random thing to choose 6 people out of those who have entered. 1 of them will get the Orient, the other 5 will each get 1 of the other watches. (If you have a preference for which of the 5 you'd like if you don't get the Orient post it in the thread).
    Those 5 people all have to wear the watch they receive at least 3 times in the first month of ownership and post it in the WRUW thread.
    If they really can't bear that thought they can buy themselves out of the deal by donating £5 (or more) to a charity of their choice for each day they don't wear it (so maximum £15).

Der Amf awarded me a badge once suggesting I was an enthusiastic watch buyer with eclectic tastes. This is my way of sharing that love with you all (and maybe raising a little money for charity).

Summary:
    Post here if you want to enter.
    If you win one of the watches other than the Orient you must wear it at least 3 times and post a pic in the WRUW thread.
    You can buy the right not to wear it by donating £5+ to a charity of you choice.

Last edited by whatmeworry; Nov 29, 2015 at 06:43 PM.

well I was after it last time so I'm in now got to be in ant I specially as going through an orange dial stage

so thanks indeed
    sharky
    one of the most original good guys their was never anything but a true friend "the daito to my shoto"
    rest easy good buddy
    https://gofund.me/eb610af1

Im not in but what a fun and unique giveaway congratulations on the almost 9000 posts

Sent from my D6603 using Tapatalk

Blog Entries
    My first reaction was to opt out, because I have too many. However, I just learned last night that a good friend of mine lost all but three of his watch collection in a burglary last month, and he loves big watches. So is it OK to enter for him and hope for one of the larger ones? The Orient looks amazing and I know he would like that. The Zeiger might also suit him nicely. If that doesn't fit your concept, I would also be happy to donate $25 to a good cause.
    Too many watches, not enough wrists.

Quote Originally Posted by skywatch View Post
    My first reaction was to opt out, because I have too many. However, I just learned last night that a good friend of mine lost all but three of his watch collection in a burglary last month, and he loves big watches. So is it OK to enter for him and hope for one of the larger ones? The Orient looks amazing and I know he would like that. The Zeiger might also suit him nicely. If that doesn't fit your concept, I would also be happy to donate $25 to a good cause.
    Preferences noted, Robert.
    You're not kidding anyone with the "friend" story though, we all know you're listing for the Zeiger.

Sent from my Nexus 6P using Tapatalk

Excellent idea Olly and thanks for your contribution. Count me in!

If not the orient then I would prefer the other orange one.

7. Likes whatmeworry liked this post
    Great giveaway wmw :thumbup:

I'm in, would really love that orient!

Sent from samsung galaxy

Any one will do as I am a glutton for punishment and good on you wmw and its my birthday tomorrow
    Last edited by Smeagal; Nov 29, 2015 at 06:36 PM.
    Lots of old watches, ex mwc vet -Ceud mile failte , CWC ,,Longines Legend diver ., Omega Geneva & Seamaster 300 GMT, Seiko King Seiko plus,, Tudor black bay 58, Tissot Titanium Chronograph. Seiko miscellaneous.

I am in! Great giveaway!

I'd be game for the Timex.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Last edited by 93EXCivic; Nov 30, 2015 at 02:38 PM.
    Olma, Oris, Vostok, Casio, Smiths, Luch, Elgin, Fossil, Orient

IWL DIY, Restorations and Mods subforum

very generous indeed, count me in