Likes Likes:  27
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Double Tudor week

Great shots. Why does the black Pelagos always look like this in pictures? This looks deep black and almost glossy? Strange?
    Cheers,

Michael

Tell everyone you saw it on IWL!

rolex pic as answer guy mikeylacroix's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Samanator View Post
    Great shots. Why does the black Pelagos always look like this in pictures? This looks deep black and almost glossy? Strange?
    My personal best guess is that on the wrist..the matte dial and nom AR crystal mutes it?

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by mikeylacroix View Post
    Bb and sub?
    Here u go.

Thanks for obliging! It's funny, the Black Bay does almost look like a vintage model of the new Submariner. More straightforward, less fancy, but striking (though I must admit, the Bruise Bay is my favorite version) as well.

How does it wear compared to the Sub? I know the squared off lugs make the Sub wear bigger than older models, at least on my wrist. Does the Black Bay feel bigger? Does the Pelagos? The Pelagos looks huge compared to the Sub in a comparison.

EDIT: Is the lug width on the Black Bay 22mm? Or is it a visual trick that the bracelet looks so much wider than the Sub's?
    Read my latest IWL blog entry! An Ode To Rule Breaking

Quote Originally Posted by Raza View Post
    Thanks for obliging! It's funny, the Black Bay does almost look like a vintage model of the new Submariner. More straightforward, less fancy, but striking (though I must admit, the Bruise Bay is my favorite version) as well.

How does it wear compared to the Sub? I know the squared off lugs make the Sub wear bigger than older models, at least on my wrist. Does the Black Bay feel bigger? Does the Pelagos? The Pelagos looks huge compared to the Sub in a comparison.

EDIT: Is the lug width on the Black Bay 22mm? Or is it a visual trick that the bracelet looks so much wider than the Sub's?
    The BB doesn't feel bigger..it however is thicker & wears heavier as the caseback is flat. You definitely know its there.
    The Pelagos however feels much the same..its very well proportioned. The titanium makes it wear very similar to the Sub.
    Both bracelets are designed very well and wears superbly.

The BB's lug width is 21mm, tapering to 18mm at the clasp.

Blog Entries
    The BB doesn't feel bigger..it however is thicker & wears heavier as the caseback is flat. You definitely know its there.
    The Pelagos however feels much the same..its very well proportioned. The titanium makes it wear very similar to the Sub.
    Both bracelets are designed very well and wears superbly.

The BB's lug width is 21mm, tapering to 18mm at the clasp.

Wow, one millimeter is so noticeable in a side by side. And damn, people who decide on odd width lugs should be fired. I've just had to cross the Black Bay off my list. Unless the bracelet is very, very comfortable.

Does the Pelagos look bigger on the wrist than the Sub? I really like them, but I'm not sure if I can go down to a 42mm dive watch (the MM300 I wear now has some really weird measurements, a 44mm case, but only a 42mm bezel, so it wears small for 44, but large for 42).
    Read my latest IWL blog entry! An Ode To Rule Breaking

Here's a wrist shot..will try get a better one. The bezel, stepped dial & slab case makes it wear a proper 42. I remember the sbdx012 wearing small but was top heavy. This one sits nicely.

7. Likes Raza liked this post
    The black bay is 22mm isn't it? Same as the pelagos

Quote Originally Posted by Steppy View Post
    The black bay is 22mm isn't it? Same as the pelagos
    I used a potato to measure...could be off

carrots are far more accurate

11. Likes mikeylacroix liked this post
    Extra hat tip to Aaron for his modded Black Bay...that and the newly released BB Black led to someone else making a black bezel for this BB Red
    The bezel insert on that watch came from me... I had spares

looking good Mikey!
    IWL ROLEX/TUDOR FORUM HELMUT UHREN ATELIER

Fine bespoke leather straps & accessories

Black Friday sale now on... discount code BlackFriday2016 saves you 49% no limit!

13. Likes mikeylacroix liked this post