Likes Likes:  72
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: We LOVE our G.. but show us some of your fav ALMOST G.. =D

Quote Originally Posted by Jeff_C View Post
    Can I step out of the casio world? I have several Mikes that are not G worth but they are built pretty well!
    Attachment 3323
    Quote Originally Posted by Jeff_C View Post
    Lol. Nikes... gotta figure out how to edit since I'm not a mod any more lol. And no... they are not Mikes Nikes.
    One thing I've learnt from the That Famous Watch Forum: "Don't buy a watch from the company that makes sneakers!" So, as much as I like their sneakers no Nikes, no Pumas, no Adidas watches for me...
    "that are not G worth but they are built pretty well": I guess you refer to the watch "general feeling" like buttons, strap, weight, size? What about functions? STW, laps, splits?
    Along with Timex, I saw couple different brands at the sports store, that make "sports watches", and now with all phone companies jumping on the wagon of smart watches (just wait and see) is it possible that in a short time G-shock will be left in the dust behind all bunch of "smarties" that could tell you the weather for a month ahead, along with the birthdays of 80 people on your contact list? just thinking...
    Last edited by BlackNomad; Dec 7, 2014 at 08:50 AM.

"Happiness is not a state to arrive at, but a manner of travelling." Margaret Lee Runbeck.

Quote Originally Posted by BlackNomad View Post
    with all phone companies jumping on the wagon of smart watches (just wait and see) is it possible that in a short time G-shock will be left in the dust behind all bunch of "smarties" that could tell you the weather for a month ahead, along with the birthdays of 80 people on your contact list? just thinking...
    If the traffic in the G-Shock forum is any indicator - especially compared to the (non-existant) traffic in the digital/smartwatches forum I think this is not a very realistic scenario .
    In fact it looks to me like smartwatches are not the "next big thing". I'd speculate that it might have something to do with the fact that people got used to the big displays of their smartphones and see no need to wear some kind of remote control for a device they carry in their pocket. Charging and updates are another problem. A smartwatch is the exact opposite of a G-Shock.
    I think I'd rather buy a Bluetooth G-Shock than a smartwatch.

Cheers, Sedi :-)

3. Likes Jeff_C liked this post
    I've got a great New Balance watch and a fantastic Oakley as well.

Hi Sedi!
    I started another thread and I continue discussion there: http://www.intlwatchleague.com/showt...s-smartwatches

"Happiness is not a state to arrive at, but a manner of travelling." Margaret Lee Runbeck.

Quote Originally Posted by BlackNomad View Post
    Hi Sedi!
    I started another thread and I continue discussion there: http://www.intlwatchleague.com/showt...s-smartwatches
    Good idea!

MRWS300H is another of my favorite almost G.
    The acrylic crystal isnt protected by the bezel very well. Thats the major downside to this model for me. I had scratched this one pretty badly in several places but they came out fairly easy using polywatch and a microfiber cloth.
    Attached Images Attached Images  

8. Likes Sedi, Rocat, BlackNomad, iyonk, Piowa liked this post

10. Likes d2mac, Piowa, iyonk liked this post

12. Likes iyonk, d2mac liked this post
    Gs plus almostName:  5a19287687b7fafda12b7180420a095b.jpg
Views: 108
Size:  53.5 KB
    Lots of old watches, ex mwc vet -Ceud mile failte , CWC ,,Longines Legend diver ., Omega Geneva & Seamaster 300 GMT, Seiko King Seiko plus,, Tudor black bay 58, Tissot Titanium Chronograph. Seiko miscellaneous.

14. Likes iyonk, Greg liked this post