Likes Likes:  8
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: The Christmas Thread

Name:  Die hard christmas.jpg
Views: 62
Size:  45.4 KB
    It is now my duty to completely drain you.

2. Likes Raza, MarkO, shemp, Nokie liked this post
    Quote Originally Posted by CanadianStraps View Post
    Name:  Die hard christmas.jpg
Views: 62
Size:  45.4 KB
    Yippee kiy yi ahhh...
    I have found that some people just like to hear themselves typing.

Friends Don't Let Friends Buy G-Schlocks.

Okay..., Charging Paddles... CLEAR!! BZZZZT... Another Thread Revived!

Every time God closes one door... I open a bottle of bourbon.

¹
    I'm Just Here For The Comic Relief. Nothing I Do or Say Needs to be Taken Seriously.

Well in Sweden you watch Disney cartoons at Christmas. At 3pm on the 24th (we celebrate a day earlier than the British and American) it is more or less mandatory.

This article gives a very good description of the tradition. http://www.slate.com/articles/arts/c...dic_quack.html

And I ensure you, everything in that article is accurate. You will be considered a nut by anyone above the age of 25 if you miss it. The kids are not as amused anymore. But they are still forced to watch by their parents. Because at 3 you watch "Kalle"

5. Likes shemp liked this post
    Quote Originally Posted by meijlinder View Post
    Well in Sweden you watch Disney cartoons at Christmas. At 3pm on the 24th (we celebrate a day earlier than the British and American) it is more or less mandatory.

This article gives a very good description of the tradition. http://www.slate.com/articles/arts/c...dic_quack.html

And I ensure you, everything in that article is accurate. You will be considered a nut by anyone above the age of 25 if you miss it. The kids are not as amused anymore. But they are still forced to watch by their parents. Because at 3 you watch "Kalle"
    I had no idea. Odd though I'm sure that like most traditions there was a logical progression from a random airing in the '50;s to todays mandatory watching.

Kalle

Quote Originally Posted by Donf View Post
    I had no idea. Odd though I'm sure that like most traditions there was a logical progression from a random airing in the '50;s to todays mandatory watching.

Kalle
    Well if it is the only hour of American cartoons you can watch during a year I can see why people sat there every year. And now it's second nature. You don't really think about it anymore. It's just the way it is.
    So fairly logically progression I guess.