Likes Likes:  2
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Found my way over to the new forum.

Found my way over to the new forum.

I was pretty active on another popular WIS forum under the name DoctorSTI and here went with my first name backwards.

I had had to take a sabbatical from the watch world for a year or so but am jumping back in. I've owned and sold easily 200 or more G-Shocks so have experience with nearly every model in some way. I let go of every one of them but a GW-5000.

My watch passions are Seiko divers/Spring drive, Rolex, G-Shock, and the occasional unique Citizen.

Daily wear is a DSSD or my GW-5000.

i look forward to being involved in another watch forum run for and by enthusiasts.

2. Likes Der Amf, Ottovonn liked this post

Blog Entries
    Welcome, Kevin!

Jeannie

Welcome aboard! How was your time away - heavenly or hellish?

So...Rolex or Grand Seiko then?
    Follow IWL on instagram! https://instagram.com/iwatchleague

Quote Originally Posted by Yankeexpress View Post
    Welcome!

Great taste there! I had a 2005 STI and the same ASA winter rims I miss that car. Driving a Jeep and CBR500R now.
    Quote Originally Posted by Jeannie View Post
    Welcome, Kevin!

Jeannie
    thanks for the welcome, lots of familiar names here from the other board.

Quote Originally Posted by geoffbot View Post
    Welcome aboard! How was your time away - heavenly or hellish?

So...Rolex or Grand Seiko then?
    It was good actually, allowed me to stick with a few watches instead of constant flipping and appreciate them more.
    ive had both grand Seiko SD divers and while they were great watches I preferred and kept the Rolex. The adjustability of the DSSD clasp is superb and really only second behind the marine master ratchet clasp in ease of use but it looks way better. I'm wearing a brand new sbdx001 I got on eBay for about a grand as a stellar deal and while I love the clasp for ease of use in adjusting but the exposed ratchet holes if I extend it isn't great looking. I really missed the MM300 I had so I was happy to pick another up. It will be the fourth time I've owned and sold a MM300! We'll see if it's for the long haul this time.

Cheers,

Michael

Tell everyone you saw it on IWL!

Hi and welcome!

Cheers, Sedi

Welcome Nivek!

I'm not sure if you remember, but a few years ago you posted a several pictures of modded GW-5000 with Ocean Grey resin on WUS. It was an amazing mod. Your post among others, such as avusblue and chibatastic's, convinced me that the GW-5000 would be a worthy watch to own. That was over a year ago. Since then, I've owned several G-shocks, some of which were sold, but I keep returning to the 5000 as my daily wear. I'm impressed that your 5000 has remained while so many have been sold. I look forward to reading about your latest watch collecting exploits.

Welcome!