Likes Likes:  12
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Possibly the finest and rarest 6105-8119 in the world - lots of macros

Possibly the finest and rarest 6105-8119 in the world - lots of macros

I had posted pics of this specimen on the old scwf and on wus many years ago and having just recently run across them, I decided I might post them up here for anyone who's relatively new. You might get a kick out of this.

I purchased this one from a gentleman in Alberta who sent his Seiko 6105-8119 to the Canadian Seiko Repair Centre for a complete overhaul. At the time, they were the only one left in the world with NOS case assemblies for the 6105 and by all accounts he got the last one.

The thing is ...... The case back serial no. Starts with an 8. The 811x's ran from 1970 to 77 and the serial number starts with the year it was produced so this is a 1978. The case back also has engine turning and the crown is of a different design. Both, at the time of the original posts on this, unseen before.

I took some macros so here's a repost. Enjoy.

It's still in the same condition, stored in the vault. My prized possession. Not sure if there is another 1978 case back out there as I'm not so active on the forums but I think it's probably the best surviving specimen out there. Hard to get more pristine than that.

Anyway, hope you enjoyed the photo shoot.

Take care,
    Tim

lost in translation birdynamnam's Avatar
    Dear Tim,
    You're a lucky owner

This watch is in the top 3 of he best Seiko Divers produced IMHO
    "chirp, chirp"

Very nice!

Wow! Outstanding! Be sure to let me know when you're ready to sell

What's up with the crown "lock" being CCW?

Nice watch btw.

Dive Watches & Japanese Moderator OTGabe's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Rob View Post
    What's up with the crown "lock" being CCW?

Nice watch btw.
    These models don't have a screw down crown, just a mechanism that keeps the crown from turning when on the wrist. It's a small pin protruding from the case next to the crown tube, which fits into one of the splines on the outside of the crown. The "LOCK" with the counter-clockwise arrow is definitely misleading. The best explanation I've read was that Seiko is suggesting that you turn the crown in a counter-clockwise direction when attempting to get one of the crown splines to align with the pin. If you were to turn clockwise, you might accidentally advance the date.

Tim, thanks for sharing this beauty again!

7. Likes Rob liked this post
    Wow..!

Sent from my GT-I9505

Been after an unmolested 1 for around 7yrs now..I gave up looking for 1..You have a fine specimen there.The REAL DEAL.CONGRATS
    People sleep peaceably in their beds @ night ONLY because rough men stand ready to do VIOLENCE
    on their behalf.....

William

Member#842

WoW! I hate you just a bit for rubbing this into our face! You are right, this is among the nicest one I've seen. Please, don't be to rough on it.
    ~Daniel~

What a beauty! Congrats!