Likes Likes:  4
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: fun article on bamford

I like a lot of the modded Rolex designs, some from Bamford and some from Project X, the only thing I don't like are the prices, but I understand them to a degree. I always find it funny how a group of the Rolex lovers see modern Rolex watches as being sacred, they are mass produced now and will never be valued like a PN 6263 or a 5517 etc. I do wish Rolex would eschew some of their deep catalog "bling" watches and offer some watches similar to Bamford and Project X since the prices would likely be more in line with their standard offerings.

rolex pic as answer guy mikeylacroix's Avatar
    Handled a blacked out 216570 xp2 the other day..while i was impressed..it was showing 'abuse'. I appreciate it when folks 'wear' their watches.

Who's feeling me on the white sub? <3<3

The white bezel looks kinda plasticky to me, not as sharp as the ceramic. I'd like to see it with the white dial but black bezel - I have a fondness for this particular combination.

I agree that the white bezel gives it a cheaper look than your normal aluminum or ceramic bezel materials.
    "Either He's Dead, Or My Watch Has Stopped....."
    Groucho Marx

Quote Originally Posted by cedargrove View Post
    The white bezel looks kinda plasticky to me, not as sharp as the ceramic.
    I think it is a ceramic bezel, white ceramic often does look a little plastic particularly in pictures, I see it often in the white Omega bezels and the entire J12 Chanel watches.

Edit, ceramic bezels also look like the color of the numerals bleed into the white on photos that aren't retouched in the area but in person I have not seen this effect.
    Last edited by ilitig8; Nov 30, 2014 at 10:49 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by mikeylacroix View Post
    Who's feeling me on the white sub? <3<3
    I'm not a huge Rolex sub fan, but the white sub looks pretty sweet.

It kinda reminds me of Omega's Great White.

My only gripe is the fact that they feel the need to add the Bamford name, making the dial even more cluttered than it already is.

Quote Originally Posted by M. Montaigne View Post
    My only gripe is the fact that they feel the need to add the Bamford name, making the dial even more cluttered than it already is.
    The white dial makes the extra text even more "obvious".

rolex pic as answer guy mikeylacroix's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by ilitig8 View Post
    that being said..u can just ask for extra texts to be removed
    Name:  wus sub.jpg
Views: 66
Size:  63.8 KB

Quote Originally Posted by ilitig8 View Post
    Indeed.