Likes Likes:  45
Page 2 of 7 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: Vintage general chat thread

think we have talked before about the re and I showed you this then I think

sharky
    one of the most original good guys their was never anything but a true friend "the daito to my shoto"
    rest easy good buddy
    https://gofund.me/eb610af1

I thought it should have had a bezel but it would have to have been pretty thin

Sent from my TS-9733 using Tapatalk
    Lots of old watches, ex mwc vet -Ceud mile failte , CWC ,,Longines Legend diver ., Omega Geneva & Seamaster 300 GMT, Seiko King Seiko plus,, Tudor black bay 58, Tissot Titanium Chronograph. Seiko miscellaneous.

3. Likes Der Amf liked this post
    Quote Originally Posted by Smeagal View Post
    I thought it should have had a bezel but it would have to have been pretty thin

Sent from my TS-9733 using Tapatalk
    a lot of watches that time had the same sort here's my yema talis mister&ankler same sort of thing
    Attached Images Attached Images    
    sharky
    one of the most original good guys their was never anything but a true friend "the daito to my shoto"
    rest easy good buddy

5. Likes OhDark30, Smeagal liked this post
    It's a Poljot 2614.2H, Is, the same movement as my Aviator
    Ranfft has it in production from 1972: http://www.ranfft.de/cgi-bin/bidfun-...Poljot_2614_2H
    I loved that watch the other time I saw it (Smeagal?), but I've never seen another
    Bezelwise, might be worth measuring it and seeing whether it'll take a Meranom or Murphy Vostok bezel (given that Soviet stuff is so standardised)
    Happy New Year, folks, btw!
    It's the final countdown! PM me before they're all gone!

7. Likes Der Amf, Smeagal liked this post
    Seeing your later posts above, the original bezel looks a lot like the one on the Prim Sport 2, one of which I just happen to have lying around the place
    Get out the tape measure!
    Name:  Image2.jpg
Views: 124
Size:  70.3 KB
    (pic purloined from uhrforum)

9. Likes Der Amf, Smeagal liked this post
    Quote Originally Posted by OhDark30 View Post
    It's a Poljot 2614.2H, Is, the same movement as my Aviator
    Ranfft has it in production from 1972: http://www.ranfft.de/cgi-bin/bidfun-...Poljot_2614_2H
    I loved that watch the other time I saw it (Smeagal?), but I've never seen another
    Bezelwise, might be worth measuring it and seeing whether it'll take a Meranom or Murphy Vostok bezel (given that Soviet stuff is so standardised)
    Happy New Year, folks, btw!
    never even look at the movement had a look in to them quickly one lot said it was swiss another lot said it was swiss for the germany market now I am lost again

the one I put up has swiss made on the dial ?

sharky
    rest easy good buddy

Name:  d38c306a85f9a5c3c9594478f5504c64.jpg
Views: 66
Size:  38.9 KB
    Your movement pic:
    SU = Soviet Union, Poljot logo at 9 o'clock
    Movement number top right :-)

As I say, I've only ever seen the one of these. From the design it looks 70s. Obviously for the Western market. Perhaps the rules about what you could call Swiss made were more elastic back then?
    Last edited by OhDark30; Jan 9, 2016 at 10:14 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by OhDark30 View Post
    Name:  d38c306a85f9a5c3c9594478f5504c64.jpg
Views: 66
Size:  38.9 KB
    Your movement pic:
    SU = Soviet Union, Poljot logo at 9 o'clock
    Movement number top right :-)

As I say, I've only ever seen the one of these. From the design it looks 70s. Obviously for the Western market. Perhaps the rules about what you could call Swiss made were more elastic back then?
    smeagals not mine but yes looking at it it does have the Russian marking was not disagreeing there just saying what I found out about them saw a few two chronos with grd on the dial and two divers with swiss on the dial confuse it a bit was interested from last time and have been watching them on the bay seen a few but not like this dial thou
    sharky
    rest easy good buddy

13. Likes OhDark30 liked this post
    Ach, where's the smiley faces when I need them?
    I wasn't disagreeing with you mate, just observing what I saw
    It *is* an interesting one. I wonder if RE was a private company putting out small runs of watches sourced from different suppliers, a smaller Sekonda/ Cornavin type operation, or whether the Russian driven version is a copy of the Western RE design?
    All very mysterious

15. Likes is that my watch liked this post
    indeed all very mysterious

there was a few different types but they have all got the same R.E above the word watch will try and find them out the ones I saw link back to I think it was a Germany ebay will try and show some other examples pics won't be very good thou if I remember right
    sharky
    rest easy good buddy

17. Likes OhDark30 liked this post