Likes Likes:  10
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Sinn 556i

Quote Originally Posted by Steppy View Post
    Curiously, it also suffers the same issues as the Rolex Explorer 39mm - "short hands" syndrome
    I know that the hands don't reach right up to the markers as is often felt to be the ideal, but in this instance it doesn't seem a fault. The hands and the indices are so solidly drawn, that the minute hand being within an n-th of the minute markers seems to me to be a nicety that wouldn't add anything to the broad-brush-strokes style.

I went in search of lume shots to see how the hands looked in the when the design was reduced to the bare essentials:

Here's the 556 as well

2. Likes FuzzyB liked this post
    Yes, I don't see a hands problem with the Sinn. The 39mm Explorer, yes - I'd have to buy an older Explorer if I was in the market for one.

As someone who fell for the ref 1016 Explorer upon sight.. I soon found myself catching similar feelies when confronted by a little watch that goes by the reference of 556A.. manufactured by what I could only assume was some demon-worshiping company based out in some little German town named Frank-Ferter or somethin'...

Name:  sinn straps.jpg
Views: 187
Size:  36.5 KB

She's been lingering 'round every since.

I gotta say, I enjoy the 12-3-6-9 layout over the sans numeral I version. Just feels "right" to me (although the 556I is a gorgeous watch in its own right; a proper "boardroom brawler" if you will, for that type of gent). The satinized case on these is sweet, the killer black dial draws you in like a siren, then you get the legibility and lume of the white numerals and indices that hug its eternal curvature and envelope those lovely matching hands.. and I definitely enjoy that it's <40mm, I have a hard time putting anything bigger than this on my 6.5" wrist. It's just not how i do bizness.

5. Likes wschofield3 liked this post